Room Key/charging Questions

LisaNJ25

Hi Everyone! I am getting ready to book my first cruise. I am doing to Cruise to No where out of NYC for 2 nights. Its a girls only trip.

My question is how do room keys work? Do you leave a deposit or credit card? Would you change drinks and other incidentals to them? We will have 4 in out cabin. Will each of us have our own card and have it linked to our own account? Or is it one pooled account per room.

hey you just use your credit card number... even though you're all in one room, you can each hook up your room key to your own credit card... on the ships, you can ONLY use your room key card... they don't accept anything else... everything will get charged to that and you can view your bill on the tv every day(well on RCCL you can)

Hi Everyone! I am getting ready to book my first cruise. I am doing to Cruise to No where out of NYC for 2 nights. Its a girls only trip.

My question is how do room keys work? Do you leave a deposit or credit card? Would you change drinks and other incidentals to them? We will have 4 in out cabin. Will each of us have our own card and have it linked to our own account? Or is it one pooled account per room.

When you check in for your cruise you each will be asked how you intend to pay your bill. That's the time that you each pull out your credit card (or pile of cash), and an account is set up in your name. You'll be issued a room card (like a credit card). Every time you want to purchase something on the ship, you'll present your card, and it will be "swiped", like a credit card, and the charge will go on your account. Then on the last day of your cruise you'll get a bill, and you'll have time to settle it at the front desk.

Hello,

Prior to sailing you will be asked via the web to fill out your cruise paperwork. And the cruise line will ask you which credit card you will be using.

When you check in at the cruise terminal the desk person will ask to see the credit card for verification. You will be issued a Sea Pass card which has several functions...get on and off the ship, open your cabin, and charges such as gratuties, bar purchases, purchases in the gift shops, and any others.

The night before your cruise is over, you will receive a statement showing all of your purchases. Go over this statement very carefully and if there are no problems the amount goes on your credit card. If there are any problems go see the purser's desk (customer relations) as soon as you can and get it cleared.

It is probably best that each of you fill out your own paperwork and each person uses their credit card.

It is very highly recommended that you do the paperwork over the web before you arrive at the cruise terminal. Otherwise each will have to take the time to do this at the cruise terminal (a real waste of time).

Archived