Can I get my 22 month old into Carnival Kids Club

my $.02

My wife and I had a cruise planned for 1/2010 on the Dream. At that time, my son would have just turned 2 so all was fine.

WELL.....we found out this week that #2 is on the way, and we need to "cancel" our 1/2010 crusie as she will be to far along. The issue now is that my son will only be 22 months on the 11/15/2009 Pride cruise we are thinking of taking.

What are the chances they will allow him in?

Good kid, well behaved, play well with other's as he attends a day care on a regular basis.

Chances are pretty nil. Cruise lines cannot make allowances for every parent who's child is within a few months, or even a few weeks, of their age minimums. If they did, they wouldn't have need of the age requirements---just let every child into the kid's club. Once they start allowing one child in, they'd have to start allowing all under age kids in the programs.

None, I talked to the camp counselors on a Carnival ship last month about this issue. They said that the rules are pretty straight forward, if the child is turning 2 ON the cruise, that they would have to wait till the child's actual birthday to admit him into the program -- even if it was mid week of the cruise.

So if they wait to admit a child who was turning 2 on the cruise, I can say that your changes are low that they will allow a child that isn't 2 for months.

Archived