Deals on third and fourth passengers

$125 $18 what am I missing? I have yet to add my son to our cruise because I keep waiting for the 3rd person fare to come down.

Be careful because if the ship fills up and reaches capacity they won't let you add him even if your room holds 3.

Be careful because if the ship fills up and reaches capacity they won't let you add him even if your room holds 3.

I know, my TA told me that. I keep checking to make sure they are still selling rooms for 3 and 4 people. We are going early January so I am hoping it will be ok. But yes, I do have to be careful. Otherwise he gets his own room and then it will really cost me. :eek:

I know, my TA told me that. I keep checking to make sure they are still selling rooms for 3 and 4 people. We are going early January so I am hoping it will be ok. But yes, I do have to be careful. Otherwise he gets his own room and then it will really cost me. :eek:

Why don 't you just add him now, RCCL is great about honoring price drops. Is there a chance he won't go? If yes, then just delete him before final payment

Does anyone rememer rccl ever having sales on third and fourth passengers?

I wasn't aware that the cruise lines were selling passengers!!??;)

Not sure what you mean....we're traveling next year as a group of 4, and the 3rd/4th pax are less than half price of the first and second pax...

$125 $18 what am I missing? I have yet to add my son to our cruise because I keep waiting for the 3rd person fare to come down.

Trust me - it's not advertised. The aforementioned were most likely due to VERY circumstances, don't let those posters punk you.

Why don 't you just add him now, RCCL is great about honoring price drops. Is there a chance he won't go? If yes, then just delete him before final payment

I know they honor price drops, already received one for this upcoming cruise, but would they honor a reduced price for a 3rd guest after they are already booked? :confused: If nothing happens before october, then I will add him on when we make the final payment. No chance he won't be going, we promised and he is psyched...

Our sons were $18/pp on our upcoming 8/23 7-Nt MR sailing of Mariner OTS in a D1.

Is this the actual price, or are you figuring in discounts that you received for the mess with the Mariner this spring?

It is simply NOT POSSIBLE that the cruisefare for a passenger is $18. NOT POSSIBLE.

I believe Sam's cruise on Enchantment is a 4 day. Still a great price!

Yes, my cruise is a four day. And yes the $125 was a legit price. That's why were able to book a JS for only $400 more total than a Oceanview. While checking for price drops, it was regularly posted at that price for months. When they did finally drop the price for passengers 1 & 2 they increased the price for three and four, so the rate for all four actually increased the total by about $50.00.

I've never seen anything as low as $18 though. As my students would say, "dats wak."

I know they honor price drops, already received one for this upcoming cruise, but would they honor a reduced price for a 3rd guest after they are already booked? :confused: If nothing happens before october, then I will add him on when we make the final payment. No chance he won't be going, we promised and he is psyched...

If the price of the 3/4th drops yes they give it to you. No different then if they 1/2 dropped. Keep in mind the 3rd rate can also go up while you are deciding so watch that carefully also.

We've been on 3 cruises now with 3 & 4th passengers every time, and we have always paid 'around' 1/2 the price we did for 1 & 2. Is that not about 'normal'?

Sometimes a little less than half, but nothing like what people are reporting here.

We've been on 3 cruises now with 3 & 4th passengers every time, and we have always paid 'around' 1/2 the price we did for 1 & 2. Is that not about 'normal'?

Sometimes a little less than half, but nothing like what people are reporting here.

Echo that experience here.

I just got an e-mail this morning from MSC...they're offering "Kids Sail Free" again right now. They've done this promotion before and it's for children 16 and under sharing a stateroom with adults. Just pay the taxes and port fees (which may vary depending on the ports). We're not in the market for a Caribbean itinerary this year but if we were it would be tempting to try them. :)

Happy Sails,

Annette

We had a 3rd and 4th passenger travel for $99 special once, but I think that was rather unusual.

This particular sale isn't really in the cruise line's best interest: they make more money from the first and second person's fare, and children don't spend as much money onboard -- no alcohol, no specialty restaurants, etc. Instead, the kids' clubs are included in the fee. However, those 3rd and 4th people DO take up space at the pool, in the dining room, etc. It's a matter of reaching the point of diminishing returns.

No, from a business point of view, I'd assume they wouldn't offer 3rd and 4th passengers are almost free type of deals often. The cruise line'd be thrilled if the ship saled with no more than two people per cabin! They aren't going to encourage 3rd and 4th passengers.

The Enchantment is selling pretty cheap right now so it doesn't surprise me that a percentage of a cheap price is another cheaper price. ;)

If you don't believe me, check Sept 5th, 2009 Enchantment sailing - 5 day Western Caribbean - Resident Rate - $249 for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th person.

There haven't been discounts on 3rd/4th in a long time, at least 2 years. And I am not happy about it. :( It's so hard to talk my entire extended family into joining us on a RCCL cruise when the child rate is $899 for the sailing. :eek: We could do the same itinerary, longer sailing with NCL for $99 for the kids.

I love RCCL but it's been VERY hard to continue cruising with them when the prices for the kids are so ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Archived