Deals on third and fourth passengers

I know they honor price drops, already received one for this upcoming cruise, but would they honor a reduced price for a 3rd guest after they are already booked? :confused: If nothing happens before october, then I will add him on when we make the final payment. No chance he won't be going, we promised and he is psyched...

Personally, I would add him now. They will honor a price drop unless it is for a new booking which yours is not. By adding him now, you are not taking a chance of the fare increasing or getting sold out. If that happens and you were to have to book him his own cabin, there may not be any cabins available close by. IMO, there are two many risky factors to not add him now.

I remember the $99 3/4th passenger rate a few yrs. back. I haven't seen anything like that since. Disney was offering kids sail free. I'm not sure if they still are. Have you checked them out?

No, from a business point of view, I'd assume they wouldn't offer 3rd and 4th passengers are almost free type of deals often. The cruise line'd be thrilled if the ship saled with no more than two people per cabin! They aren't going to encourage 3rd and 4th passengers.

Carnival and NCL do well and they offer these rates all the time. ;)

It can be done.

If I didn't have to pay so much to cruise with the kids on RCCL then I would be cruising more with RCCL and so they would be getting more of my money.

And no, my kids may not have a $500 bar bill, but I can guarantee that for every cruise, we have a $500 photo studio bill. :D Just can't resist pics of my kids. If they weren't there, I wouldn't buy more than one, if that.

And our ship excursions, always times 4, so they make more money off of us there. :)

There haven't been discounts on 3rd/4th in a long time, at least 2 years. And I am not happy about it. :( It's so hard to talk my entire extended family into joining us on a RCCL cruise when the child rate is $899 for the sailing. :eek: We could do the same itinerary, longer sailing with NCL for $99 for the kids.

I love RCCL but it's been VERY hard to continue cruising with them when the prices for the kids are so ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I hear you!

For my upcoming cruise on the Liberty in September, they reduced the 3/4th passenger to $219 per person. However, they inflated the Category L stateroom by $100 for passenger 1 and 2. ie. 2 people booking the same category cabin on the same sailing is $100 cheaper person. I only noticed that after I booked. So in reality, they are charging $419 for the 3rd and 4th.:mad:

We had a 3rd and 4th passenger travel for $99 special once, but I think that was rather unusual.

This particular sale isn't really in the cruise line's best interest: they make more money from the first and second person's fare, and children don't spend as much money onboard -- no alcohol, no specialty restaurants, etc. Instead, the kids' clubs are included in the fee. However, those 3rd and 4th people DO take up space at the pool, in the dining room, etc. It's a matter of reaching the point of diminishing returns.

No, from a business point of view, I'd assume they wouldn't offer 3rd and 4th passengers are almost free type of deals often. The cruise line'd be thrilled if the ship saled with no more than two people per cabin! They aren't going to encourage 3rd and 4th passengers.

I see your opinion here, and it makes sense for the 3rd/4th pax that are minors sailing in their parent's cabin, which most of the 3rd/4th pax probably are. Now if there is a group of 4 single guys or girls traveling together (college students, etc), there is a HUGE profit potential in offering dirt cheap 3rd/4th pax fares. Sure they may sail for a ridiculously low fare, but the amount of $$$$ they MAY spend on liquor, gambling, onboard shopping, shore excursions, etc. could be a significant money maker for the cruise line. The downside to charging too much for the 3rd/4th pax in a stateroom, is that the cruise lines may force cruisers to other lines if the overall cabin price is too high.

Archived