Soda Cards

It may not be illegal but it would be unethical.

Perhaps you just want to start a great debate on ethics? Otherwise you are just being cheap and dishonest.

I concur. I seriously hope people aren't doing this. If one can't afford to bring their own soda onboard or purchase it on the ship, perhaps they should stay home.

It has nothing to do with being cheap but rather being smart. It seems possible since the crew only looks at the sticker on the front. I have never tried it but now that i think about it the cruise line are always trying to pass the costs on to us, so if there is a way to out fox them why not:)

It has nothing to do with being cheap but rather being smart. It seems possible since the crew only looks at the sticker on the front. I have never tried it but now that i think about it the cruise line are always trying to pass the costs on to us, so if there is a way to out fox them why not:)

Because it is STEALING. Theft by trick or defrauding an innkeeper.

If I left my house unlocked, does that mean it is OK for you to walk in a steal whatever you want.

An honest and intelligent human being doesn't need this explained.

Because it is STEALING. Theft by trick or defrauding an innkeeper.

If I left my house unlocked, does that mean it is OK for you to walk in a steal whatever you want.

An honest and intelligent human being doesn't need this explained.

Yes if you leave your house unlocked you desereved to be robbed. The real theft is the fact that when i started to cruise all the stuff was included now you have to pay for it. As far being honest it wont take you far in life and someone intelligent enough wont get caught and pocket the $50 for some nice jewlery. lol jokes aside, It also must not be a real problem on board if all the lines use is a sticker. Anyway soda is bad for you and by drinking 1 can a day for a year the typical person gains 5lb just facts

i was just on the imagination last week and every time i used the fountain card i purchased, they checked the back of the fountain card with the date (written in red permanent marker) and then they checked the name on the card against my sail & sign card. (yes, i had to show both).

plus, this time, i noticed they put some type of hand-written code on the card ... it started with an "IM" (i would assume that was for "Imagination") and then a few other letters. they checked the back of the card EVERY time i ordered a soda.

i KNOW i drink more than $9.00 per day worth of soda, so i don't even think twice about buying the card. it's the first thing i do when i get on the ship. if i was only going to drink one or two glasses of soda a day, i wouldn't buy the card.

Yes if you leave your house unlocked you desereved to be robbed. The real theft is the fact that when i started to cruise all the stuff was included now you have to pay for it. As far being honest it wont take you far in life and someone intelligent enough wont get caught and pocket the $50 for some nice jewlery. lol jokes aside, It also must not be a real problem on board if all the lines use is a sticker. Anyway soda is bad for you and by drinking 1 can a day for a year the typical person gains 5lb just facts

When did they start using stickers?

No facts,

Yes it is stupid to leave the house unlocked, but the robber is still a scumbag thief. Doors are wood, windows are glass, honesty keeps people out, not locked doors.

Included when you started cruising? Must have been way over 40 years ago, since I've been cruising that long and paying for my refreshments. Amazing that an honest person could afford 50 cruises. Kind of negates your completely irrational theory about honesty not being worthwhile.

Plus cruising over the years has constantly come down in price. My first cruise back in the 70's was $6800. All of it honestly earned!

Archived