Cabin Refridgerators?

Av8tor

Can anyone tell me if a Cat F oceanview cabin on the Granduer (no balconys were available) have those little "college dormatory" refridgerators in them? RCCL's web site cabin descriptions mentions refridgerators for cabins above Cat F, but not for "F" and lower... We've only cruised 3 other times (Carnival, Princess, Celebrity) and have always had a mini-fridge, even in an interior cabin.

thanks,

Paul

When we went on the Majesty we had an oceanview cabin with no refrigerator. I just emailed RCCL with my cabin number and they told me that that cabin did not have a refrigerator but if we needed one it could be arranged. We didn't really need it so we didn't request it. I hope this helps!

Thanks j-l,

We just like to keep some 7-Ups and Clamato juice cold for AM bloody ceasers and PM cocktails in the cabin. We'll either ask for one or just make sure the cabin steward keeps our ice bucket replenished...

Happy Sailings

avstor...you may want to seriously think about bringing a calapsable cooler with you...you can get them at wal-mart for about 10 bucks and they work great...the ice bucks in the room are almost worthless since the ice melts real fast and the refig in the room is worthless because it never keeps anything cold...you can ask the room steward to keep refilling the ice in the cooler...they are great doing this small wish...they usually have a coleman cooler of ice with them when cleaning rooms...you can also carry the cooler with you to the pool...hint hint wink wink...have done this on our last 10 sailings and it works like a charm... HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE...OH BY THE WAY IT'S -9 IN MINNEAPOLIS THIS MORNING...VOS ON MARCH 19TH WITH MY SOFT SIDED COOLER...

avstor...you may want to seriously think about bringing a calapsable cooler with you...you can get them at wal-mart for about 10 bucks and they work great...the ice bucks in the room are almost worthless since the ice melts real fast and the refig in the room is worthless because it never keeps anything cold...you can ask the room steward to keep refilling the ice in the cooler...they are great doing this small wish...they usually have a coleman cooler of ice with them when cleaning rooms...you can also carry the cooler with you to the pool...hint hint wink wink...have done this on our last 10 sailings and it works like a charm... HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE...OH BY THE WAY IT'S -9 IN MINNEAPOLIS THIS MORNING...VOS ON MARCH 19TH WITH MY SOFT SIDED COOLER...

I completely agree. The "fridges" in the cabins are absolutely useless. If you want cold stuff, you'll need to bring a cooler. We did and it worked out wonderfully.

We always arrange to have a refrigerator ahead of time. They are happy to do it for you. Usually the refrigerators that are built in on the ship are not very cold, but the "dorm room" fridge that they bring you works very well. My husband needs it for medicine, but guess what else goes in there? Beer, water, Bloody Mary Mix, etc.! The cabin steward will still bring plenty of ice. All you have to do is call RCI and tell them that you need a refrigerator for medical purposes and it will be there when you arrive. No problem.

Archived