8i balcony cabins aft ?'s

Charlie2na

checking these out....look like they have a bigger balcony. Do they have privacy ,or does the taper in the rear of the ship allow for you to look down onto the balcony below?

I know from other ships that some of those suites are open to viewing from the lido deck

checking these out....look like they have a bigger balcony. Do they have privacy ,or does the taper in the rear of the ship allow for you to look down onto the balcony below?

I know from other ships that some of those suites are open to viewing from the lido deck

I had an aft balcony on the Freedom and loved it. The balcony is longer than the regular balconies but not as private. You can see into the balcony below and to either side--the divider slopes down to the rail. Also, you can't open the dividers between all the balconies. We had great neighbors and didn't mind less privacy. You can see onto the neighbor's balcony when you stand at the rail but not when back a ways. I booked an aft on a cruise I had to cancel because of DH health and have just booked another. I'm an aft lover. Our friends who cruise with us hate aft balconies. It's very individual. You do feel the ship's vibration coming into and going out of port. Some people say they get soot on their balconies but didn't have that problem. Hope this helps.

Archived