PRIDE Cat 11 wrap around

Willabee

Hi Gang,

Thinking of upgrading to a suite on the Pride. There is an aft suite with a wrap around balcony available which sounds good. However on various reviews I've read these cabins have vibration and are warmer then your standard cabin. We like cool for sleeping and warmer cabins wouldn't work

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Gang,

Thinking of upgrading to a suite on the Pride. There is an aft suite with a wrap around balcony available which sounds good. However on various reviews I've read these cabins have vibration and are warmer then your standard cabin. We like cool for sleeping and warmer cabins wouldn't work

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy - I just returned from a 5 day cruise to Canada/New England on the Triumph and we had a wrap around cabin on the 6th deck. I am not sure how the Triumph compares to the Pride, but we only felt vibrations when the ship was on 'reverse' or 'parking side ways' :) I don't know the actual terms. We felt no vibrations when the ship was sailing. Also, we did not hear any noise from the lounge below us.

In addition, we were cold in our stateroom - not sure if this was unique to our particular ITN since the weather was a bit cold outside. We asked our stateroom attendant to raise the temperature a bit.

Hope this helps.

Hi Gang,

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Andy

We were in cabin 4228 on the Miracle which is a sister ship to the Pride. The cabin was wonderful. I didn't hear any more noise nor feel any great vibration. Deck 4 are the only aft balcony cabins that have some shade. All the other decks are totally unshaded balconies in the rear of the ship. Also, deck 5 aft wrap suites are different than decks 4, 6, 7 and 8. They are one big room instead of 3 separate rooms. Which suite is available for the Pride?

I've never read anything about the cabin temperature being warm, but the balcony can be another story (or open drapes). Depending on the time of year and direction headed, the aft balconies have sun ALL day. But even that depends on the amount of overhang. We had 4228, it is almost completely covered overhead. I think I read on here: the higher up - the less overhead.

Didn't notice any vibration problems.

Hi all,

thanks for your replies. I've been reading reviews for a couple of months now so I don't remember specifically which one/where they were but the complaints were their was engine/propeller vibration especially at night when they increase the speed. Also one review had their cabin as 8-12 degrees warmer then their kids who had a reg balcony mid ship.

Just to be a further pain. Are these aft wrap arounds all split into a bedroom and sitting room like 6260 (found pics of that cabin)?

The open wrap arounds at this point are:

thanks again I really appreciate the help!

Andy

Hi all,

thanks for your replies. I've been reading reviews for a couple of months now so I don't remember specifically which one/where they were but the complaints were their was engine/propeller vibration especially at night when they increase the speed. Also one review had their cabin as 8-12 degrees warmer then their kids who had a reg balcony mid ship.

Just to be a further pain. Are these aft wrap arounds all split into a bedroom and sitting room like 6260 (found pics of that cabin)?

The open wrap arounds at this point are:

thanks again I really appreciate the help!

Andy

The aft Cat 11 suites on deck 5 are not split into bedroom and sitting room. They are one big room. All the other decks are split as far as I've heard. I think deck 4 is the best since you have a balcony with some shade.

I have had 2 aft wraps, one on the Spirit and one on the Miracle. No vibration to complain about, and as for the heat, we kept the curtains closed during the time of day the sun was beating down on the balcony. I would take 6260 since it has the living room and bedroom divided by a nice dressing area in the middle.

We had 5295 in June. I loved the room. Unlike the Cat 11's on the other decks, it was one big open area, which suits me better than smaller, cordoned off areas. The balcony was phenomenal.

However, we did find it ran hot. I asked for an engineer to come and check; they said it was about 74; I thought it was a bit hotter. In any case, we took to pulling the draps shut most of the day, and that seemed to help some.

DH and I have agreed that we'd love another aft wrap, but not in the summer, heading south.

We had 4237 on the Miracle in Feb going to Costa Maya, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan and didn't find it too hot. We were coming from Minnesota winter so I'm sure we would have noticed it if it were a problem. We did keep the curtains closed during the day when were were not in the cabin though, same as we do at home during the summer.

There is some vibration but nothing that was annoying or a problem. The only thing I didn't like about the cabin was the crew smoking zone setup on deck 3 right there and the door they use slams shut a lot. Noticed especially in the morning on sea days. :) Oh..and I didn't like it was all the way aft when we were in line to get off in one of the ports and I realized I forgot my sunglasses and had to walk all the way to the back then all the way to the front again! Otherwise it being all the way aft wasn't too much of an issue.

Balcony is the best of course. We have the same cabin on the Spirit in April to Hawaii. Can't wait. Go for it!

Having been in the aft twice, I wouldn't say the cabin was warm. The balcony on deck 7 was warm, as there was no covering. The balcony on deck 4 was PERFECT.

And I wouldn't call it a vibration back there. It's more like a light sway that you have to get used to. I needed to prop pillows around me while sleeping. Others like to be rocked.

But it's VERY loud back there when the ship is moving. Luckily, that noise doesn't come into the cabin.

thanks to all for your advice. I found a video of Cabin 5266 on the Spirit and after watching that...and seeing the balcomy both my wife and I were sold. Just talked to Carnival and switched to the same cabin on the PRIDE.

Thanks to all,

Andy

thanks to all for your advice. I found a video of Cabin 5266 on the Spirit and after watching that...and seeing the balcomy both my wife and I were sold. Just talked to Carnival and switched to the same cabin on the PRIDE.

Thanks to all,

Andy

Congrats, you will love that balcony

• 2 weeks later...

We were in 7347 on the Pride and loved the cabin and especially the balcony, but there was lots of vibration when the ship was travelling at high speed. We were with a group of 33 and had happy hour in our cabin every day, so there were lots of bottles in the living room and I had to get up almost every night to move bottles apart that were clanking together. We didn't have any heat problems though.

We just returned from 4228 on the Pride. We loved it! Because the front of the balcony was covered, the temperature was always ok, even had a breeze as we were sailing through the bay. There was some vibration, but I got used to it ( kind of missed it when I came home). The only problem we had was some noise from the safe and a few items rattling around in the cabin, but we adjusted to it. As others have stated, the cabin is divided in to a sitting room, a dressing room and a bedroom. At first I was unsure as to if I liked it that way, but by the 2nd day, we loved it. It was nice to have some clarity between the rooms. We spent a ton of time on the balcony and even fell asleep out there. We are afraid we will never be able to go back to a normal cabin..lol.

Archived