My Honeymoon Cruise (also first cruise ever) itinerary...

SJChaput

Looks like you have a great trip ahead of you. We have done the western trip twice, in back to back years, because we loved it so much. Of course, there is so much to do, you can't possibly see it all.

The only things I would say, is for me, a dolphin encounter is a must...we did Chankanaab park in Coz. Also, I saw that one poster said Fins N Flippers had sand fleas and only so-so snorkeling. We did Tabayana Beach in Roatan and had no problem with sand fleas...also the snorkeling was great right off the beach - which I thought was beautiful. The other thing I liked about going to Tabayana is it is the other side of the island, so you get to drive over the mountains and get some spectacular views.

Just my $.02:D. You'll have a great trip no matter what you pick!

I'd suggest that you do one excursion only per port. Crank in more 'you time,' instead. Doubling tours can be so rushed as to be like work, not play. The ports will be there next cruise too.

I am sorry, but I have to agree on this point!! Being that this is a very port intensive cruise, aren't you going to want a little "down time" after the pressures of planning a wedding? Just my opinion;) and 2 cents.....;) HAVE A SUPER TIME AND CONGRATS ON YOUR MARRIAGE!!!!!!

I am sorry, but I have to agree on this point!! Being that this is a very port intensive cruise, aren't you going to want a little "down time" after the pressures of planning a wedding? Just my opinion;) and 2 cents.....;) HAVE A SUPER TIME AND CONGRATS ON YOUR MARRIAGE!!!!!!

Agreeing with me doesn't require an apology-----at least not one in big bold letters!!!:D:D:D

Paradise Beach isn't something you have to pre-pay for or get a reservation so I am thinking if we still want to do it following the ATV tour we will, though we may not feel like it.

The Ziplining is actually a package tour along with the Cave Tubing. So you walk 10 minutes from the river to the Ziplining area. So it is part of the same excursion.

We're probably just gonna end up doing the cave tubing (cause i am a wimp) and doing some shopping or going to relax on the ship.

I'm going to take another look at the Rum Point tour.

I agree also on the 4 port thing. 4 ports in a week is a great way to start but don't overdo. We came back from our first thrilled, happy, and utterly exhausted from trying to do and see too much. Make sure you schedule some downtime to relax in there.

The OP's schedule looks great to me.... they are not doing to much at all regarding their shore tours. It's not like the tours ae going to encompass 24 hours of the day nor are any of the activities too strenuous at all. The tours they chose are for relaxation with minimal physical effort for any great length of time, unless you call eating, drinking, snorkeling or sitting in a tube too strenuous !

Stick to the plans... there will be plenty of time to relax onboard the ship inbetween ports of call.:cool:

So Carnival has added Rum Point? Hmmm...I hate to see that beautiful place get overcrowded. It is a little slice of heaven.

When we were there in May 08, there was a boatload of Carnival pax there. It was pretty crowded, but still nice.

When we went back in Sept 08, I don't recall the Carnival pax. But it was a couple of weeks after a hurricane destroyed the pier and they were still rebuilding. We had to get out of our boat while off shore and walk to the beach.

I don't know if Carnival is still offering Rum Point.....I hope not.

We're probably just gonna end up doing the cave tubing (cause i am a wimp) and doing some shopping or going to relax on the ship.

The cave-tubing excursion with Major Tom is an all-day thing, with or without the zip line. I wouldn't expect to have too much time that day for shopping or relaxing on the ship.

Archived