best way to the Vasa Museum in Stockholm

wlbox

According to North-Bound, from another thread, the ferry from Slussen to Djurgården is 30 SEK (20 for Children and Seniors) each way. That's a little over $4 for an adult fare.

Thanks so much for the info. That sounds like the best way for us to get there. Do they pick up from the pier area, do you know? Thanks for your help.

We used the Princess shuttle ($11 per person round-trip) which took us to the Opera House. From there we walked a few blocks to Nybroplan, from where we took a bus to the Vasa Museum.

If you do manage to get over in that general area, there is a special historic tram line serving Djurgården from Normalmstorg - line number 7, run (as a matter of interest) by volunteers from the Stockholm chapter of the Swedish Tramway Society.

Thanks so much for the info. That sounds like the best way for us to get there. Do they pick up from the pier area, do you know? Thanks for your help.

Of course we haven't been there yet, but from what I've read the Slussen ferry is within walking distance of the Stadsgården pier. I believe it's about 10 minutes. I also think there may be a bus to go from the ship to the ferry but unless the weather is bad I would think it's easier to walk.

Here's a link to a map setup by North-Bound. Among many other things, it shows Stadsgården, Slussen Station and the Djurgården ferry (which sails between Slussen and Djurgården island where the Vasa Museum is).

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&msid=100446628536787947860.000448dadb8bebb56f079&ll=59.332489,18.089333&spn=0.038875,0.109863&z=13

Here's a map showing the various docks and quays. The Emerald is scheduled to dock at S167 STADSGÅRDEN.

cruiseberths.png

After our visit to the Vasa Museum can you walk to Gamla Stan? and then walk back to the Emerald? We plan on taking the Djurgarden ferry directly to Vasa as soon as we get off the ship.

After our visit to the Vasa Museum can you walk to Gamla Stan? and then walk back to the Emerald? We plan on taking the Djurgarden ferry directly to Vasa as soon as we get off the ship.

That'd be a fair old walk. But, yes, as long as you have the stamina.

Just returned from Stockholm and sadly the boat to the Vasa Musuem that you use with the Stockholm card, was not running. It had not been running for quite a few days but despite all of my discussions with the seller of the Stockholm card about taking this boat to the Vasa, I was not told the boat was not running. It was a big surprise and a lot of confusion when searching for a boat that was not there. It apparently was being repaired.

Just a head's up.

Archived