Mexican Rest. on the gem

bonniltc

I've seen two different names for the Mexican Rest. on the Gem-Tequila and Mambos. Has anyone eated there? I ate ate Salsas on the Dawn & it was wonderful. We were trying to find out if the menu was similar, or if this was just a Tapas Bar.

Thank you for your help.

I've seen two different names for the Mexican Rest. on the Gem-Tequila and Mambos. Has anyone eated there? I ate ate Salsas on the Dawn & it was wonderful. We were trying to find out if the menu was similar, or if this was just a Tapas Bar.

Thank you for your help.

On the Gem, it is Tequila. On its sister ship, the Pearl, it is called Mambos. I believe the specialty restaurant menus are pretty much the same throughout the fleet, but the menus have been known to be revised from time to time.

The Gem and Pearl have a tapas bar in addition to the Tex-Mex restaurant.

Thanks for the information on the Gem. When we were on the Dawn, the Tapas bar was free, but I believe that they wanted you to order a drink. It wasn't publicised that there was a Tapas menu, but you can ask for one at the bar. We were in a hurry so I just ordered the calamari since I remembered that they had it. It was awesome!

In Salsas we had the Carmalized Pineapple Margarita Tartlet for Dessert. If ANYONE ever comes up with the recipe for it I would be very greatful.

Bonni:o:):rolleyes:

Archived