Alaska Wireless Hotspots

simba005

Hi,

Does anyone know of any hotspots in Kethchican, Skagway, Juneua & Whittier?

If so, were are the best connections/best prices...

Just about to get on the plane heading to vancouver - we are pretty excited:-)...

Thanks in advance

in ketchikan we went to the local library.... it's a short walk from the ship vright before Creekside. you had to sign up for a time...we had a 20 min wait. not bad as there are lots of things to walk to...shops etc. we didnt take an excursion there, just did a nice walk on our own.

in juneau i was able to get a connection from our balcony....so i didnt bother finding other spots.

have not been to the other ports. internet is always a must for me....and i wont pay the $$ onboard for sloooooooooooooooow connections. we were on the Zaandam this May..... on the last night of the cruise they had a special...i think for printing boarding passes. i did that and it was worth it...i think it was $9 for 1/2 hr. we had a noon flight out of seattle and i was worried that time would be crunched...actually, we were off the ship and onto a shuttle and at the airport by 10:30 !!

have a great time !

Ketchikan, we just went up to the Lido deck and aimed towards town, and found lots of free access. Skagway Library has it, I believe, but I used my iPhone on the EDGE network and it was OK. Juneau is alleged to have Boingo service at the McDonalds, but I was never able to get it to work.

E

Archived