My Time dining on Monarch?

We signed up for the 6 pm (early seating) but are now wondering if that was best. In Nassau, we may not get back to the ship until much later. Is MTD avl? How does it work? I could find no specifics on the RCL website. I understand you have to prepay the gratuity - how much is it? Finally, if it is not offered, how late does the WJ Cafe stay open? Thanks so much! This forum has already saved me $300 in the past 24 hours!

MTD is available on Monarch, and in order to sign up for it, you must pre-pay all gratuities before you sail....this includes gratuities for your cabin steward, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter. You will then have the option of being seating in the MTD portion of the dining room between 6:00 (I think) and 9:30 p.m. You can make reservations for your preferred time each night, or just show up and possibly have to wait for a table to open up. We did reservations for each night. If you are already scheduled for early seating, you can probably change it to MTD, but you cannot go between the two. You will have to make a choice of of or the other for the entire cruise. You always have the option of going to the Windjammer, which I think stays open til around 9:30 for dinner.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a GREAT cruise.

If you are already scheduled for early seating, you can probably change it to MTD

You can definitely change it. We signed up for MTD but our seapass card said 6:00 dining. We went to the dining room as soon as we could (1:00 or 1:30, cant remember) and had them change it. We also got to pick our table (244 - nice 2 person table near the path, but still center of the room - I couldnt sit by the windows) and we had a standing reservation each night.

When we got back from Nassau, I thought we were going to be late for our reservation, so I stopped at the desk in front of the dining room to let them know we could be as late as 15 - 20 minutes from our allotted time. I was told - "not a problem. MTD allows for a 30 minute window" I didnt ask, but I would venture to say that any time after 30 minutes, you would need to call and make a new reservation.

Our 3 night Monarch prepaid tips comes to $29.25, a 4 nighter would be $39 and you can add them to your reservation online as well as changing to MTD if you choose. To add tips click on the Modify button after each persons name. Dinner is toward the bottom of your reservation summary, do the same, click Modify and change it to MTD. If your buttons just say view you will have to call your TA to get things changed.

Here is how they describe MTD.

My Time Dining

Enjoy the fine quality, ambiance and service offered in our main dining room and choose your dining time between 6:00 and 9:30 pm. Once on board your ship, you will have the convenience and flexibility to select the perfect dining time for each day of your cruise vacation.

BonVoyage

Dawna

So we have 2 adults in one room and 3 kids another. (Actually right now it's 1 adult, 1 kid and 1 adult 2 kids but I assume we can change that since they are adjoining). I assume we can just do MTD for the 2 adults. So, that would be $39 per person? And does that include all the gratuities? I really appreciate the help - it's nice to have an idea of what you want!

So we have 2 adults in one room and 3 kids another. (Actually right now it's 1 adult, 1 kid and 1 adult 2 kids but I assume we can change that since they are adjoining). I assume we can just do MTD for the 2 adults. So, that would be $39 per person? And does that include all the gratuities? I really appreciate the help - it's nice to have an idea of what you want!

It includes tips for your room steward and for the dining room staff (waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter). It doesn't include tips for room service, or for bar service (a 15% gratuity will be added to your drink orders), spa services etc. If the adults are doing MTD what will the 3 kids being doing at the evening meal? At some point you will need to factor in their tips as well and whether you wish to pay for them in advance or at the end of your cruise, but suggested tips are the same amount for all passengers, regardless of their age.

Archived