Has anyone been to Pooh Corner?

sbhdmh

We will be sailing in and out of Dover England in August. I have been arranging kid friendly activities in London for the 2 days before the cruise. After the cruise we will stay in a hotel near Gatwick since we have an early flight out. We will have one more full day. This morning I found Pooh Corner in Hartfield, which is supposed to be fairly close to Gatwick.

Has anyone visited here? Is it worthwhile? Will it occupy my 4 year old for a day or am I better off heading back into London with her for an additional day? Any other suggestions from all you wise British parents, or parents who have spent time occupying a little one in this part of the world? Thanks.

How about Legoland?

It's in Windsor (near Heathrow, obviously much farther from Gatwick) but sooo worth the drive if she is at ALL into Lego's or children's amusement parks.

I have a 2 year old who loves all the Legolands, there's tons of rides, attractions, it's just a lot of fun for someone between 2 and 8 years old. Who am I kidding, the adults always have a great time too!

I was in London about 7 years ago and went to Pooh Corner. It was cute. Not a ton of stuff to do if you are limited on time (and depending on how big of a Pooh fan you are) it may not be worth the trip. The store was small but not tiny. The area around Pooh Corner was nice, you could go for a hike through the 100 Acre Woods, and see things like Pooh Sticks Bridge. It was fun and a nice day but its not a full day type of trip... unless you do a very long hike. The store would take you less than an hour (that includes going at a 4 year olds pace!).

I will say if I went back to London I would go back but it wouldn't be my 'miss everything else to see it' place to go.

Great info - thank you! It will be the last day of a 2 week vacation so I'll see what kind of shape she's in. She may ask to go back to London if she enjoys the pre-cruise visit. If she's totally wiped out, though, Pooh Corner could be a nice laid back alternative. We'll be doing Tivoli in Copenhagen just before returning to Dover so I think Legoland might be a bit overwhelming. (For me, not her. We have season passes to Six Flags - she could go every day!)

Thanks again to all the Cruise Critic moms out there (and Dads too!). What a wealth of information you all are.

Archived