Harrison's Cave....Worth it?

1kycat

I was hoping for someone to give me some direction here…

We’re struggling with the decision of visiting Harrison’s cave or not. We are traveling with our 6 year old…who seems excited about it. (The idea of riding a tram through a cave would excite every kid and most adults):)

Trouble is….We only have 5 hours on the island…and we already have about 1.5 hours of that devoted to visiting friends. I’m sure that we have time for the cave…but wonder if our time wouldn’t be better served at one of the beaches???

Any thoughts from those who have been there would be great. (Positves/Negatives)

We live only about a hundred miles away from the largest and longest cave system in the world (Mammoth caves)….So that might play a role in determining whether we should visit Barbados’ #1 attraction….

A load of questions:

How long does it take to get there from the port?

How long do the tours last? Do they run off a schedule? How often do they run?

I see that they offer reservations….anyone taken advantage of this? Did it work?

If we use a taxi: Are there usually taxi’s waiting? (If we choose to let our driver go)

If we opt to rent a car: Is there sufficient parking?

I would appreciate any answers at all. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the 50 views/no answer bump...

OK perhaps I asked too much:)

Perhaps I could just ask these:

How long do the tours last?

If we use a taxi: Are there usually taxi’s waiting? (If we choose to let our driver go)

If we opt to rent a car: Is there sufficient parking?

Thanks

Hi Therse hope this helps :)

How long does it take to get there from the port? 20-30min

How long do the tours last? Do they run off a schedule? How often do they run? I would estamate 1 hour for waiting time and tour time. The actual tour is about 40 min includeing a video

I see that they offer reservations….anyone taken advantage of this? Did it work? Sorry cant help here

If we use a taxi: Are there usually taxi’s waiting? (If we choose to let our driver go) There are taxis at the Port agree on a fare before you start yur trip and let them wait for you.

If we opt to rent a car: Is there sufficient parking? Parking can be hard to get certain times of some days then otherdays it can be wide open. If you rent a car try http://www.stoutescar.com/ Stoutes Car Rental If you corespond with Mrs Stoute tell her Sarah sent you.:)

The caves are fairley easy to find :)

Have a great time in Barbados:)

For what its worth I love caves and have been to Mammoth Caves, Lookout Mountain and Carlsbad Caverns. I saw Harrison Caves in 1992 and am planning another visit in April /05. I am 49 years old, so far from a kid, but I do think they are worth it. They are different then the other caves and not as large but highly enjoyable. (IMHO)

Steve Hayes

What cruise line and ship are you going on, and what date in April? We will be on the Celebrity "Constellation" on 4/9, out of San Juan. We are planning on taking the Harrison Cave tour.

Darlene and Larry

I am boarding the HAL Volendam on 4/9/05.

Steve Hayes

What cruise line and ship are you going on, and what date in April? We will be on the Celebrity "Constellation" on 4/9, out of San Juan. We are planning on taking the Harrison Cave tour.

Darlene and Larry

Archived