Drinks Packages on Costa Serena

shielings5

We are first time cruisers going on Costa Serena in October Half Term. We are UK passengers. I am thoroughly confused over the drinks packages.

My TA is contacting Costa next Wednesday to get drinks package prices, and will phone me to confirm. She has so far given me the following: Kids package - unlimited soft drinks, sodas, water etc. up to Euro 6.99 each for the 7 nights at a cost of £80 odd. Do I have to have one for each of my children, or can the card be shared. I can only find information on here about 20 soda vouchers for USD 40. Can these be used anywhere on the ship, or only for lunch and dinner.

Unlimited drinks vouchers for adults for all alcohol apart from wine for £180 each. Again do I have to buy one for each adult travelling, and can this be used anywhere on the ship, or only at lunch and dinner. I can't find any information on these forums which mentions this drinks package. Do Virgin take a cut on these prices.

How much is an X1 card from the UK.

I would like to be prepared when Virgin contact me, so I can make a proper decision.

i don't know about the kid's packages, but the adult packages are priced per person. they must be purchased for each adult in the cabin. it wasn't like that before but there was too much abuse of 'sharing' an individual package.

The larger drinks packages are only available via Costa either direct or via an agent (incidently you might be advised not to mention your agent as it is against board rules here ;)).

X1 (mealtimes only)is around £7 a day and all in cabin has to get it, same with the J2 (all inclusive drinks) at around £22 a day.

The agents do not take a cut of the packages ordered as far as I am aware....mine certainly hasn't, anyway.

You can get the soft drink package on board and they also try to sell you when waiting to embark in venice. It is just a book with printed coupons so you can split with the kids as they need it. I think I paid 46 euro. They also try to sell you a coffee package, but beware there is free tea and coffee. So the coffee package is lavazza fresh brewed so unless you like best coffee free available is fine.

Just got off Costa Serena last week, we had a great time-you can read my review on the member reviews.

We got the kid package for each teenager and found that one would have been adequate for them to share-not big soda drinkers, but you can get virgin daiquiris etc with the kid's package. We were scrambling to finish the soda package before we left and we ended up taking 7 sodas/waters off the ship with us. We didn't do the X1 package either because we were in port for all our lunches and wouldn't be able to use it then. The ship did have two happy hours 10am to noon and 4pm-6pm which we did take advantage off. The dinner meals were so-so, and that said, maybe wine at dinner might have improved them but we didn't feel deprived. We actually enjoyed our drinks at HH better because we could sit outside and read and just generally relax. Have fun on your trip.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves aboard Serena :)

I imagine the weather was alot nicer than home lately. The food on any ship is always subjective, I am just pleased it's not me having to cook it or do the washing up...that alone makes it more enjoyable ;)

Hi, my first post so hope i'm in the right place!

Have read a lot about the inflated drinks prices on Costa Serena and wonder if any of you can tell me how much a gin and tonic is likely to cost me ? On holiday I really like to have around 3 G & T's plus wine with my meal and was wondering whether it would be better for me to do the X1 and pay seperately for the G & T's or go for the All Inclusive package. :confused:

Thanks.

Hi, my first post so hope i'm in the right place!

Have read a lot about the inflated drinks prices on Costa Serena and wonder if any of you can tell me how much a gin and tonic is likely to cost me ? On holiday I really like to have around 3 G & T's plus wine with my meal and was wondering whether it would be better for me to do the X1 and pay seperately for the G & T's or go for the All Inclusive package. :confused:

Thanks.

The cost of drinks aboard Costa ships is around the same as any other line really, the only difference is that it's in Euro's and not dollars or sterling and tends to feel dearer when the Euro is stronger.

I don't drink alcohol anymore but as a comparison, a soft drink - can of ginger ale, for example - is €2.99 inc the 15% service charge.

So if you are a mainly mealtime drinker, then the mealtime package X1 at €7 per person per day would probably suit you quite well.

However if you are partial to more than just meal time drinks, especially alcohol, then maybe the J2 (around €25 per day per person) all inclusive package would be better.

• 2 months later...

We are also travelling oct half term on Fortuna...i have today taken out drinks packages....AI for 2 adults @ £180.32 but made comment that the child price was pretty steep at £81.70...so have had the reduced price of £36.70 which was good deal works out at just touch over £15 p person.:)

Archived