Past Carnival Cruise Brides - Hair & Makeup

I'm getting married on Splendor in LB in November. We have to board around 10ish. Do I need to have my hair and makeup done beforehand, or would there be time to have it done after boarding and before ceremony? I am thinking of paying my hairstylist to come to California (I'm in AZ) to do my hair and makeup, and she would naturally be a guest as well, so would be boarding with me.

Thanks for any input!

Oh, definitely! I was just wondering...since makeup seems to never last on me. :) It seems so early to be all primped and ready to go at 10:00 a.m.!

My make up was done in South Jersey at 7am for my wedding in NY city at 1pm. It actually lasted through the wedding, reception, photos AND dinner at 8:15!!! I hired a company that strictly does hair/make up for weddings. She came to me and used mineral make up.

• 2 months later...

Scottsdale,

Have you thought about airbrush makeup? I had it done for my trial, and it lasted all day and into the night! It's definitely worth it, since makeup tends to slide off my face. It does take a while though. My makeup girl is getting to my house at 6:30am. But she's also doing my hair too.

PS- Embarkation time is 10:30- hair and makeup done. They also request that your wedding party be dressed as well, but that's not happening. I want everyone to look fresh, not like they've been lugging luggage around all day (which is what they will be doing).

I just had my final call- so I have all the deets.

Hi, I did my makeup that morning - but my hair was done during the hour or so wait after embarking. I also retouched my makeup since I have such oily skin and it was sliding off. I had more than enough time to do both, but my style was simple. I wouldn't try to get a difficult style done in such short amount of time though.

Believe it or not, I bought this stuff. And I still use it when I do my makeup.

http://www.skindinavia.com/web/makeup-finishing-spray.html

It really works. I was married in Bermuda, it was humid the day of our wedding and the taxi didn't have AC, so besides being in my gown sweating, I still had makeup done all night.

This was right after my makeup was finished before I got dressed.

ry%3D400

After no AC taxi ride, pictures, running through the rain, etc. Don't mind the goofy faces, this was the only one I could find that you can see how good the makeup stayed on.

ry%3D400

Any idea what time the Carnival Freedom hair salon opens? We're getting married this February and I can't manage to get a straight answer from any of the Carnival cruise reps about a time. They won't let me make hair appointments for my bridesmaids and I beforehand. :( Thanks in advance!

I actually just went ahead and booked a hair/makeup person to come to my hotel and do my hair and makeup prior to boarding. We did my trial in September and it was fantastic...my hair and makeup lasted well into the day. But I am on the Splendor, so I don't know what the options are on Freedom...maybe one of the other brides here will have an answer for you! Good luck!

Any idea what time the Carnival Freedom hair salon opens? We're getting married this February and I can't manage to get a straight answer from any of the Carnival cruise reps about a time. They won't let me make hair appointments for my bridesmaids and I beforehand. :( Thanks in advance!

Are you looking for an appt on the day of sailing? If so they aren't open then.

It will be the 3rd day of the cruise...we'll be in the port 7am to 6pm. I was hoping to avoid renting a hotel room for a couple hours and hiring my own hair stylist from the island because of the added cost. I could always find a hair salon on the island and go there but then I dunno where my bridesmaids and I would get dressed...too much running around for a morning ceremony. Thanks for the help! Any suggestions?

TRUST ME ALWAYS HAVE YOUR HAIR DONE MAKE UP IS GOOD BUT CAN BE DONE ON THE SHIP

time is always an issue and the less you have to worry about once on board the better

YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU WILL GET ON BOARD NOON IS THE NORM. FOR SPENDOR 11:15 FOR PARADISE

• 8 months later...
I actually just went ahead and booked a hair/makeup person to come to my hotel and do my hair and makeup prior to boarding. We did my trial in September and it was fantastic...my hair and makeup lasted well into the day. But I am on the Splendor, so I don't know what the options are on Freedom...maybe one of the other brides here will have an answer for you! Good luck!

I am getting married on the Splendor on May 1st. Can I ask who you had come and do your hair and makeup?? I'd like to find someone who will

come to my hotel as well!

Archived