Should I save Bermuda for When We Have Time for a Longer Cruise???

psyllie

We'd love to cruise to Bermuda...looks like the Grandeur RCCL sailing on September 19 would fit our schedule since we don't have a full week of vacation left for this year. But after reading pages of posts on this board describing how beautiful and fun this island is, I'm beginning to think we maybe should "save" Bermuda for when we can take a longer cruise! The Grandeur is a five-night cruise but only docks at Bermuda from 10 a.m. Monday to 3:p.m. Tuesday...not much time actually spent in Bermuda!

Is that amount of time sufficient to get a real Bermuda experience?

No way!

You may want to take an excursion that the ship offers to make sure you make it back in time.

But having said that your short trip to Bermuda will help you decide if you do or do not want to go back for a longer visit.

Take the trip you will love whatever you do. However do your research so you can go on your own dont waste the money on a tour the busses and ferrys are great. That being said we took a 4 hour taxi tour with Rodney and he was great then we went back to the places we wanted. Good Luck

We'd love to cruise to Bermuda...looks like the Grandeur RCCL sailing on September 19 would fit our schedule since we don't have a full week of vacation left for this year. But after reading pages of posts on this board describing how beautiful and fun this island is, I'm beginning to think we maybe should "save" Bermuda for when we can take a longer cruise! The Grandeur is a five-night cruise but only docks at Bermuda from 10 a.m. Monday to 3:p.m. Tuesday...not much time actually spent in Bermuda!

Is that amount of time sufficient to get a real Bermuda experience?

Go,go,go. The opportunity might not present itself again & you'll be sad. We were there from Monday 8PM- Wednesday 2PM & still had a wonderful time. We bought a bus/ferry pass good for 2 days. We were docked at Dockyard, took the bus to Hamilton spent the morning there, took the bus to the Swizzle Inn for lunch, took the bus back to Hamilton, hopped on the ferry back to Dockyard, shopped there, got cleaned up & met friends for dinner at the Frog & the Onion. The next day we took the bus to the "sea glass beach", then took the ferry to St. George (had to cut this short due to time) & back to the ship by 1:15. Next time we will look into some of the excursions but just wanted to see Bermuda this time. Enjoy.

Absolutely go! I'm taking the 5 day cruise to Bermuda on the Explorer from Bayonnne on 9/12/09. We've been doing the Explorer or the Grandeur every year for the past 5 years or so.

Yes, it is a short stay. You need to figure out what to do in advance to optimize your time. But it is a small island, with wonderful people and fun transportation system.

Thanks so much! I'm inclined to go but now mom is dragging her feet. I'll keep a close watch on the fares--we're both cheapskates, but she's even worse than I am, and if the fares should drop that might push her toward going. Thanks again!

Archived