Junkanoo Beach Party/Blackbeard's Cay

grandislandgirl

Is there anyone who has been on the Junkanoo excursion RECENTLY?? Seems like all the posts are old or not first hand accounts.

Also, I'm curious if anyone went to Blackbeard's Cay and successfully warded off the sand fleas with bug spray. Alot of people recommended to bring it along, but no one says if it saved them from getting bit.

Thanks for any feedback!!

We were at Blackbeard's Cay on Friday and had absolutely no problems with sand fleas. We didn't even bring bug spray.

Do you have any pictures from this excursion? Also I am going to be in port from 8:30 to 2:00 is this enough time to do this excursion?

Do you have any pictures from this excursion? Also I am going to be in port from 8:30 to 2:00 is this enough time to do this excursion?

It's a four-hour excursion - our tour was 9-1, so I'd suspect you would have the same tour time. We were back right on time, and since it's a cruise-sponsored excursion the ship will wait if there's a problem. I do have photos and should have them posted in the next few days (the waterproof disposable cameras went out to be developed today).

heres some pictures I took from our trip last year.. me and DH will be headed back to this beach later this month.. last year we did the excursion with the stingrays while we were there.. this time we just plan on snorkeling and hanging on the beach and having a few drinks at the bar..

ValorCruise-Feb2008102.jpg

ValorCruise-Feb2008104.jpg

ValorCruise-Feb2008094.jpg

ValorCruise-Feb2008095.jpg

ValorCruise-Feb2008101.jpg

ValorCruise-Feb2008098.jpg

Archived