Using Disney dollars to pay for cruise expenses

wwinfl91

We have used a Disney credit card for sometime and had "Disney dollars" transferred to a Disney dollar debit card before they expired. From what I can understand from their web site and the info they sent us with the card this can be used on Disney cruise line to pay for drinks, excursions, souvenirs, etc.

What I am asking is has anyone actually done this and how did it work? I'm assuming when I do my online check-in I tell them I will be using "cash" and then when we actually get to the ship to check in I have them debit the card for an initial amount and later for the final bill.

This is our first Disney cruise but on all our other cruises we have just used a credit card to pay for our on-board expenses. We want to use up the Disney dollars that are on the debit card they sent us.

Thanks for any info you can give me. Have a great next cruise.

We have done this several times. Its really easy.

When we checked in I just gave them a credit card for our ship board account. Then on the next to the last day (all my souvenirs bought) I went to Guest services desk (beat the crowds by going before the last day) and gave them my Disney debit card and said I wanted it applied to my account.

They printed me out a receipt showing how much it paid and what was still due and would be charged to my account credit card.

You can apply all your disney dollars or any part of them , but specify this before you give them the card if your not applying the entire amount.

You can wait until the last day to go to guest services desk if your going to be adding more to your account and want to wait until your bill is complete but you will have a LONG line.

You can also apply cash to your account at that time too. They dont bill your credit card until after the cruise is over, so you can actually pay it all off and nothing will be applied to the credit card if you want to.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks for the reply. I will follow your lead and give them my disney credit card number on the online check-in and then go to the desk later and use my Disney debit card to pay the bill before it is charged to the credit card.

Have a great next cruise.

We used it also. I seem to recall though that they would charge our credit card every so often, once you got to a certain dollar amount. I would go down as soon as you think you have posted that much to your account to use it up. We waited and they had to back off credit card charges then credit us for the other card. It was a little involved. Maybe we did too much buying on board.... :o

Archived