Liberty and Legend - how is the decor?

Just wondering who's been on the Liberty or Legend and if you can tell me if the decor is over the top of more subdued? Last CCL sailing I was on was a good 10 yrs ago on the Imagination and Fastasy and they were kind of flashy. My aunt has been on NCL and is nervous to go on Carnival b/c she's afraid it's going to be tacky decor. My guess is that the newer or refurbished ships aren't outdated and gawdy looking, right?

Do you prefer one over the other? Does either have a better pool area?

And....are Carnival ships any more crowded or rowdy than NCL? We'll have 2 little ones with us (2 and 3 yrs old) and if it's super rowdy then I'd be worried - but we're going in January so my hope is that it won't be crowded with college crowds, right?

Thank you!

Haven't been on Legend yet but I loved Liberty. IMO, classiest Carnival ship in the fleet.

What does what some consider tacky decor have to do with enjoying a cruise? :confused: As long as it's fun & the ship floats.....who cares?

I, too, have not been on the Legend, but the Liberty is now my favorite ship. Click on the link below and you will see some pictures around the ship. Actually my 2008 Liberty pictures have more of the decor. The decor is Venetian and very beautiful. When you are in the Venetian Palace, be sure to look up at the ceiling...all around the ceiling.

Haven't been on Legend yet but I loved Liberty. IMO, classiest Carnival ship in the fleet.

What does what some consider tacky decor have to do with enjoying a cruise? :confused: As long as it's fun & the ship floats.....who cares?

Ha Ha I totally agree. But my aunt was the one who wondered. To me, if someone is cleaning my cabin and making towel animals for me and serving me dinner without me having to clean up - I'm estatic! LOL

I found the Legend to be a bit tacky - but some parts of it were actually quite pretty as well. It is what it is. The decor did not detract anything from my trip (or overly influence my choice of cruise/cruise line), though I can understand wondering about it as I certainly noticed it!

Ally

Archived