Platinum Discount for balcony suites?

Hi - Can someone tell me what is the usual balcony discount for reaching plantinum status? Are there different discounts for 5 and 7 day trips?

Platinum:

3 to 5 nights - $50

6 to 9 nights - $100

10+ nights - $200

Remember though if you take these they are not combinable with anything else, i.e., a C&A coupon that may show up. They do allow it if a residency, military or law enforcement rate would show up though.

Susan :)

Platinum:

3 to 5 nights - $50

6 to 9 nights - $100

10+ nights - $200

Remember though if you take these they are not combinable with anything else, i.e., a C&A coupon that may show up. They do allow it if a residency, military or law enforcement rate would show up though.

Susan :)

Thanks Susan...I supose that is per stateroom and not per person right?

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe someone can help me. I would like to have the link on the website where you see those balcony discount. I search the website and can't find it and my travel agent ask for a proof of those numbers and don't find it.

Thank you

Maybe someone can help me. I would like to have the link on the website where you see those balcony discount. I search the website and can't find it and my travel agent ask for a proof of those numbers and don't find it.

Thank you

Why does she need proof, RCCL will do it for her all she has to do is call C & A, she is not discounting it the cruise line is.

Thank you

Your TA can go to the C & A info on Cruisingpower, although it won't break down the savings based on the cruise length. It will state that there are special rates available for Platinum and up on balconies.

Sue L is correct, your TA should call the C & A department to have the discount applied. It will affect her commission (if your balcony base rate was $1,000 and the discount brings it to $900, that's what her commission will be based on).

Point her here. It doesn't give the numbers provided by other posters, but it does note that a discount is offered and gives the 800# to call.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Not to be snippy, but if someone is going to be a travel agent they need to learn what they're selling inside and out. Inexcusable to not know - worse to not try and get the answer yourself and put the onus on the client to gather the info/proof.

Judy

Thank you

iata -

To be eligible for a platinum balcony discount, you have to have at least 5 credits. By looking at your past cruises I don't think you have enough credits.

iata -

To be eligible for a platinum balcony discount, you have to have at least 5 credits. By looking at your past cruises I don't think you have enough credits.

she would if there were in a JS or above AND they had been 12+nights.

she would if there were in a JS or above AND they had been 12+nights.
It looks to me like she's only been on one cruise so far, so she currently wouldn't qualify regardless. Also I'm fairly certain that Serenade was doing all 7 day cruises last Christmas and her upcoming cruise is also a 7 day one.

It looks to me like she's only been on one cruise so far, so she currently wouldn't qualify regardless. Also I'm fairly certain that Serenade was doing all 7 day cruises last Christmas and her upcoming cruise is also a 7 day one.

But she had 2 on summitt... could be a crossover Platinum?

Yes i am platinum, 2 Summit CC cabins and one was a 12 nights and one Serenade, and when I log on to RCCL it says that I am platinum. If I count well it match. 2 credits for the first Summit, 1 credit for the Serenade and 3 credits for the Summit TA. So if you can help me to find the amount for balcony discount with the link I will greatly appreciate.

Thank you

Thank you Aslide, so I'll stop searching and he will have to take my words. I already call Crown and Anchor but the travel agent had to claim it, I know he doen't speak english very well (we are french from Quebec) and he asks me the proof of it so it will be easier for him to claim. I gave him the name the lady I talked to at CA saying that I am entitled for that discount so we'll see tomorrow if he can figure it out

Thank you again for your kindness

Thank you Aslide, so I'll stop searching and he will have to take my words. I already call Crown and Anchor but the travel agent had to claim it, I know he doen't speak english very well (we are french from Quebec) and he asks me the proof of it so it will be easier for him to claim. I gave him the name the lady I talked to at CA saying that I am entitled for that discount so we'll see tomorrow if he can figure it out

Thank you again for your kindness

These discounts are not posted anywhere on the RCCL website.

They are accurate. ;)

There are no Suite discounts as such. Only what is called Balcony discounts.

These were first given to us by CC PBHunt. ;)

They are:

Platinum Balcony discounts are,

$50 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$100 for 6-9 nights (not days)

$200 for 10 nights or above (not days)

Diamond and Diamond Plus Balcony discounts are,

$100 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$200 for 6-9 nights (not days)

$300 for 10 nights or above (not days)

That is per cabin, not per person.

Jmf123, it is not because he does'nt want to do it, but here because of the language barrier (I live in Quebec city which is all french many many doesn't speaks english) so for cruise he works with a wholeseller name Air Transat vacations they are the one who want the proof so they can call RCL with all the informations. Don't worry I know him very well and he is very competent he was a co-worker to me when I was in the travel agency business but I am retired since 2 years and he is taking good care of all my cruises but I was fortunate enough to learn english but he was not.

I will post when eveything is settle.

• 5 weeks later...
These discounts are not posted anywhere on the RCCL website.

They are accurate. ;)

There are no Suite discounts as such. Only what is called Balcony discounts.

These were first given to us by CC PBHunt. ;)

They are:

Platinum Balcony discounts are,

$50 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$100 for 6-9 nights (not days)

$200 for 10 nights or above (not days)

Diamond and Diamond Plus Balcony discounts are,

$100 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$200 for 6-9 nights (not days)

$300 for 10 nights or above (not days)

That is per cabin, not per person.

According to the C & A benefits part of the RCL site:

Platinum and above receive a discount on Balcony AND Suites. Can someone please confim if this is true?

(We are Platinum thanks to being Select Captains Club and are planning our first cruise on RCCL).

Pat

According to the C & A benefits part of the RCL site:

Platinum and above receive a discount on Balcony AND Suites. Can someone please confim if this is true?

(We are Platinum thanks to being Select Captains Club and are planning our first cruise on RCCL).

Pat

Your discount is the same whether you book a balcony cabin or a suite. I almost always book a suite and use the discount.

Archived