Airboat ride before the cruise

Chrisknowsbest

We will be spending a few days before the cruise in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area. Some tours are 30 minutes; others one hour. Which airboat tour is the best? I've looked up Sawgrass Recreation Area, Everglades Holiday Park, Everglades Safari Park, Gator Park, and Coopertown Airboat.

I live in Fort Lauderdale, and have been on a few of the tours both in Miami and here in Fort Lauderdale... and most of the tours are similar to each other; back years ago, they used small airboats and those tours were the best, because the boat ride itself was more fun, but the tours are still a nice way to experience a little bit of the everglades. Personally, I would go to either the Sawgrass park or Everglades park, as they are located in broward, if you are cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale, they are about 30 minutes directly west.

Also, I would suggest spending a day on the water taxi in Ft. Lauderdale, it's about $13 a person, and you can get on and off all day, and it is an absolutely awesome way to experience our city..

Hope this helps,

Donnie

Archived