DAWN PRINCESS T-GRADE CABINS - pictures, tips or don't do it!?

My partner and I are both uni students and are going on our second cruise this Christmas. The cruise is from Brisbane on the 19/12/09 on the Dawn Princess.

There are next to no cabins left but we have a T grade cabin (bunk beds). They are on deck 4, Fiesta deck. We were orginally okay with having bunk beds but now an inside cabin has become available for $305pp more.

We were wondering if anyone has travelled on this ship and has pictures of the T -grade cabins or recommendations as to T grade or go to the M grade cabins.

We have travelled on the Rhapsody of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) last year to the South Pacific before. Any advice is much appreciated we just are tossing up a smaller cabin and bunk beds and having $600 bucks to spare!

Are the rooms extra small and uncomfortable or noisy or more likely for you to get sea sick? What does it mean by the obstructed view? I called P&O but they didn't help me much, I guess pictures are what I really need to decide!

Thanks for the help!!! We have to decide in the next day! And we dont know what to do!!!

My partner and I are both uni students and are going on our second cruise this Christmas. The cruise is from Brisbane on the 19/12/09 on the Dawn Princess.

There are next to no cabins left but we have a T grade cabin (bunk beds). They are on deck 4, Fiesta deck. We were orginally okay with having bunk beds but now an inside cabin has become available for $305pp more.

We were wondering if anyone has travelled on this ship and has pictures of the T -grade cabins or recommendations as to T grade or go to the M grade cabins.

We have travelled on the Rhapsody of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) last year to the South Pacific before. Any advice is much appreciated we just are tossing up a smaller cabin and bunk beds and having $600 bucks to spare!

Are the rooms extra small and uncomfortable or noisy or more likely for you to get sea sick? What does it mean by the obstructed view? I called P&O but they didn't help me much, I guess pictures are what I really need to decide!

Thanks for the help!!! We have to decide in the next day! And we dont know what to do!!!

Hi,

I have sailed on Dawn princess and didnt know they had bunk beds....are you sure you dont mean Pacific dawn which is a P&O ship .Dawn Princess is princess cruises.

Anyway I have sailed on ships with bunk beds and no ensuite .Naturally i prefer to have a queen sized bed but for the sake of saving 600.00+ dollars....i personally go the bunks.I dont believe you are more prone to sea sickness if your up the front or down the back .if your gunna get seasick you will whether your on deck 4 or any other deck.

If i was at Uni I certainly wouldnt be able to afford and extra 600.00 and if if i could it would go on cocktails and tours.really a cruise is what you make it and i have never heard of a cabin making a cruise.

thats just my opinion

Have a great time ...what ever you decide

cheers

Col:)

Thanks thats pretty helpful and yes I did get the names mixed up because we were looking at both of these ships! Thanks for the tips! Anyone else with any tips are much appreciated. We are thinking bunk beds + extra cocktails and shore excursions money sounds like it may be better in the long run!

Hi Chloe,

I cant really help you regarding this as I have never been on the Dawn. However I know that a lot of the "professional" cruisers book a T grade cabin and are happy with it. Sometimes they even get upgraded but dont count on it.

The way I see it is that you are only in your room to sleep and also being a uni studnet I know how tough it is to save money so I would probably keep the extra money for fun things like cocktails etc.

I am sure you will have fun whatever you decide

Money is an issue for you so I would go the bunks, I honestly dont think you will spend too much time there and when you are depending on how good a time you are having, you wont care:p On short cruises it really doesn't matter too much...have a great time.

Archived