Give her a rest

saidia

Poor Ventura, what a slating she's had in her maiden year.:(

When does Azura sail on her maiden voyage!!!!!!!! April I believe, then you can all have a new victim to pick on.:p

Poor Ventura, what a slating she's had in her maiden year.:(

When does Azura sail on her maiden voyage!!!!!!!! April I believe, then you can all have a new victim to pick on.:p

Exactly...... it was not until Ventura turned up that Arcadia stopped being the worst cruise ship ever built or conceived of.:D:D

And like you I can predict that Azura will be a terrible ship as well until.............................. the next one.:o

Happy Cruising

:cool:

Dai

Exactly...... it was not until Ventura turned up that Arcadia stopped being the worst cruise ship ever built or conceived of.:D:D

And like you I can predict that Azura will be a terrible ship as well until.............................. the next one.:o

Happy Cruising

Dai

Mmmmm, could this mean that they are getting worse.:confused:

Cb

Mmmmm, could this mean that they are getting worse.

Cb

Yes.......... the posts are getting a lot worse, and more petty.

The ships on the other hand are getting better. Ventura is excellent:D

There are a fair number of P&O cruisers who dislike change and anything new so they are looking for faults. As per the recent spate of posts regarding a small number of passengers with ............tatoos and strange accents.

Clearly these people are not allowed to cruise and worse P&O should never have allowed them on the ship.

I find the above attitudes abhorrent to pathetic.

Rant Over

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

Dai

Yes.......... the posts are getting a lot worse, and more petty.

The ships on the other hand are getting better. Ventura is excellent:D

There are a fair number of P&O cruisers who dislike change and anything new so they are looking for faults. As per the recent spate of posts regarding a small number of passengers with ............tatoos and strange accents.

Clearly these people are not allowed to cruise and worse P&O should never have allowed them on the ship.

I find the above attitudes abhorrent to pathetic.

Rant Over

:)Happy Cruising:)

Dai

Heh heh heh :D:D:D

Regards

Cb

Surely if Ventura was SO bad, there would be all sorts of cheap deals on her.

I'm still watching out for a 2 week Med one for £500pp in a balcony cabin (I don't think!):)

Caryl

Caryl

£600 with £75 OBC is the best I have seen to date ;)

Regards

Cb:D

Caryl

£600 with £75 OBC is the best I have seen to date ;)

Regards

Cb:D

Well we are going for £200 each with free car parking and £100 OBC each:p So beat that:eek:

Happy Cruising

Dai

Well we are going for £200 each with free car parking and £100 OBC each:p So beat that:eek:

Happy Cruising

Dai

Dai Stop cheating! going on board as Guest Lecturer does not count. BTW what will you be lecturing on? The benefits of cruising with P&O? Shouldn't take up much of your time then? Regards Cb

Dai Stop cheating! going on board as Guest Lecturer does not count. BTW what will you be lecturing on? The benefits of cruising with P&O? Shouldn't take up much of your time then? Regards Cb

You clearly do not know me enough, remember I was a teacher. I could do oohhh 5 or 6 hours more if needed.:D

Dai

I'm sure it is ...... for those who are satisfied with the mediocre :p

Clearly one of those anti P&O posters as mentioned above Knock Knock Knock:confused:

Or is it you have never been on the ship:confused:

But no you are one of the new breed a OV Knocker, only they knock P&O because they will not change the rules so they can have a ship to play on.

?Why would you want a mediocre one?

Because it isn't?

Anyway a knocker was sure to come along an give credence to this thread.

So thank you cottonbuddas.

:)Happy Cruising:)

Dai

Clearly one of those anti P&O posters as mentioned above Knock Knock Knock:confused: Or is it you have never been on the ship:confused:But no you are one of the new breed a OV Knocker, only they knock P&O because they will not change the rules so they can have a ship to play on.

Oh dear, what a sad, snobby little post. Why do those who defend Ventura through thick and thin try to put down everybody who does not agree with them?

But to answer your questions ...... I have never cruised OV becaue it doesn't seem right for me, but I can see why some people like it. I don't like fly/cruise and I enjoy sea days, so OV would obviously be a poor choice for me.

I have cruised Ventura because I wanted to give it a chance, and found that for children it was wonderful, and good for adults too if you are looking for a Butlin's-like experience - but gracious cruising it was NOT despite the fact that so many seem to attach such importance to wearing a dinner jacket. After my experience, I concluded that if you are looking for a party-type cruise it would be fine. Or it would even be fine for anybody who wants to pretend to be part of high society :D There seems to be a few of them on here!

Poor Ventura, what a slating she's had in her maiden year.

I think deserved, others think not. One of the posters here (Tom I think) probably has the best viewpoint, she is ok outside of school holidays, but most complaints come during school holidays.

If you look at the website where the most reviews are you will see that Ventura was getting some very good reviews until early July, now it is quite a mixed bag.

Of course, the only way you will know for sure is to go on her.

I went On Ventura, it was not for me, went on Solstice and Equinox, loved them. I have no reason to try Ventura again after trying Celebrity and I would not try Azura either until I see different reviews to the type Ventura recieves.

Gerry

Oh dear, what a sad, snobby little post. Why do those who defend Ventura through thick and thin try to put down everybody who does not agree with them?

Cottonbuddas, unfortunately some people are like this.

You read a number of good things about Ventura, no-one says a word. Say something negative though and there are some unusual people that actually take it personally.

When will people learn that there are always different opinions. I don't think any one comes here to lie, just say it as they see it.

Debate and discussion is not a key skill for a fair number of peope it seems.

I'm sure it is ...... for those who are satisfied with the mediocre :p

I went on Ventura and found her mediocre.

Now I am not having a go at any individual, please see that.

I am simply saying that if you love Ventura then we have a different viewpoint.

Tough to get your head around I know! ;)

:D

I went on Ventura and found her mediocre.

Now I am not having a go at any individual, please see that.

I am simply saying that if you love Ventura then we have a different viewpoint.

Tough to get your head around I know! ;)

Gerrym,

& cottonbuddas

The point of this thread is the way there is a trend over the past few years to have a go at the newest P&O ship.

cb please tell me the snob element regarding the pointing out of the attacks on P&O & its ships by the OV cruisers, who BTW delighted in plotting these attacks and congratulating each other over on their part of this web site.

You will note I do not criticize OV as I think think it a good cruise line and provides what people want. If you have read anything I have posted you will see this.

Gerry of course you have the right to have your opinion but I also have the right to counter it with mine.

To go back to the point of the thread. I note that over on another general cruise website which has large numbers of reviews and a star system, that over the last 3 pages of reports between 65% and 75% of reports on Ventura were 4 or 5 stars. With less than 15% being poor showing in my opinion a change in the views of those cruising on her.

Dai

To go back to the point of the thread. I note that over on another general cruise website which has large numbers of reviews and a star system, that over the last 3 pages of reports between 65% and 75% of reports on Ventura were 4 or 5 stars. With less than 15% being poor showing in my opinion a change in the views of those cruising on her.

Dai, if you were a regular reader of that site like me then you would see the trend.

What you are seeing and describing is the balance moving back to where it was 12 months ago. Had you looked a month ago then you would have seen positive reviews in excess of 90%.

Unfortunatly it is just moving back to where most of us expected it to.

I don't get any pleasure from that, it's just not unexpected.

Dai, if you were a regular reader of that site like me then you would see the trend.

What you are seeing and describing is the balance moving back to where it was 12 months ago. Had you looked a month ago then you would have seen positive reviews in excess of 90%.

Unfortunatly it is just moving back to where most of us expected it to.

I don't get any pleasure from that, it's just not unexpected.

On the other hand people are more likely to post if they have had a poor experience. Or something has gone wrong early in the cruise to sour their experience.

To me a cruise is as good as you expect it to be. What you put into it you get out. You go looking for problems then you will find them.

I do not expect problems and if there is one you deal with it and get on with your holiday.

Dai

I think that is a great attitude Dai. My observation from your approach is that you will always have a great time and therefore before you even go on holiday we know your review will be brilliant!

;)

I think that is a great attitude Dai. My observation from your approach is that you will always have a great time and therefore before you even go on holiday we know your review will be brilliant!

Spot on............why pay 2/3/4 thousand pounds not to enjoy yourselves.:cool:

Dai

Of course all Ventura detractors are liars and all Ventura lovers are truthful upright citizens. I went on Ventura and liked a bit of it, disliked more. Said so. Am I a liar?

Take a look at some of the other boards on lines running similar size ships, say Cunard and RCI, you won't find such a lot of criticisms of their big vessels. Would you not say there is a message there?

David.

Of course all Ventura detractors are liars and all Ventura lovers are truthful upright citizens. I went on Ventura and liked a bit of it, disliked more. Said so. Am I a liar?

Take a look at some of the other boards on lines running similar size ships, say Cunard and RCI, you won't find such a lot of criticisms of their big vessels. Would you not say there is a message there?

David.

Using emotive language does not assist your cause, only you have used the word liar.

Everyone has the right to have there opinion but others have the right to counter it.

I repeat the thread is about New P&O ships coming under attack. Arcadia was slated when she came into service and now she seems well liked.

Dai

I remember the complaints about Arcadia with many people 'in the know' or who 'had friends in high places' or 'a highly reliable source' telling us that Arcadia had been a failure and was to be removed from the fleet ... they were all wrong .. it just took a little bit of time to bed down.

The main issue seemed to be that 'it was not like <insert-name-of-favourite-ship>', far too many people wanted it to be a clone of something that already existed. Well it wasn't, it was different. After it started attracting the new cruisers without preconceptions Arcadia has become a favourite of many, and I have no doubt so will Ventura.

I don't want to sail on a clone of something I went on 20 years ago ... I look forward to trying Azura ... viva la difference!

Archived