Just looking for a shoulder to cry on!!!

dentalchic.....you've got your head on straight, the other gal does not, if she just stays home and does nothing while you have to rebook your already made cruise reservations, then she is not much of a person!

Keep your eyes open in the help wanted, you never know what you'll find!

Anyway.....it will be cool out of LA, once you get into the ports it will be warmer. Don't know what water temps should be. Stay focused on your D1 balcony!

Soveriegn 92 E. Caribbean

Majesty 95 W. Caribbean

Granduer 97 E. Caribbean

Rhapsody 00 Mexico

Vision 02 Alaska

Radiance 03 Panama Canal

Brilliance 3/29/04

Radiance of the Seas/Panama Canal 10/18/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;10;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800Are we there yet?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;10;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My bags are always packed!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;3;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Brilliance 3/29/2004

Dentalchic: I'm a Certified Dental Assistant, who does not work in the field for that reason. Dentists as a rule are jerks!!!!!!! I know that there are some exceptions to the rule, but for the most part they are. I'm very sorry about your plans, but I would seriouly consider changing jobs and leaving the week you were supposed to cruise so they would be short two hygienists anyway!!! icon_mad.gif You can find another job anywhere from what I hear here about the market. Good luck. That is just my opinion and what I would do. You may not have the "get even" attitude I do.

Happy Cruising

Patty

I'm with royalcaribbeanfan on this one.... But, I do live in FLA. The right to work for state... They have the right to pay you lousy wages and can fire you without cause and you have the right to get another lousy paying job and quit at anytime..... With that said, I just started a new job 3 months ago with the understanding that i would accecpt as long as I get my cruise vacation. At this point if they were to come to me and say you can't have it off someone else has seniority and want that week i would have to laugh in their face and tell them you have 2 choices 1. I'm going fire me if you have to.... 2.. I'll find another job But, I'm going. I have never in all the years I have worked for any company let them tell me when or if I can take vacation, I TELL THEM WHEN I'm going seniority or not if you were approved for it put down your deposit I would stand my ground, As this has happened to me a long time ago and the other person bowed out.... I booked my cruise for this November last November have been researching the ports, excursions, Nothing or nobody short of GOD FORBID A death in the family will STOP US FROM GOING.... I would find Another job and go, Your son only turns 16 once and you get to be there on a cruise, What is wrong with this picture? To tell you the truth I couldn't work for someone that could pull a stunt like this... Sorry to hear you won't make waves and have to give up what you planned.... Makes no sense to me because I would, Just my opinion........

icon_beer.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;14;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

UNTIL OUR NEXT ADVENTURE

Adventure of The Seas 11/14/04

Enchantment of the Seas 11/1/03

Sovereign of the Seas 11/28/02

SS Oceanic (Big Red Boat) 10/98

Wow...you guys are too much...lol. Love the responses. But today is Wednesday and 2 days after the "horror". I'm pretty much over it. Many dentists have this rule in their offices...I don't really get it...but there must be some kind of reason. icon_rolleyes.gif I don't see what the difference is...if 2 hygienists take two seperate weeks off back to back or we are both out on the same week...same amount of money lost. They don't hire temps while we are out. They just don't book. Whatever. I'm looking foward to my cruise in Feb now instead...and the Serenade...she isn't going anywhere...I'll be sure to book my next on her. I'm just going to roll with it. But that is always my attitude. It has to be or I'd be on meds the way things go in life sometimes!!! Peace.

My first balcony on the Vision!!! 2/20/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

Archived