I am a NextCruise idiot?

Do you guys know that you can only use your Nextcruise credit on the travel agency listed on it? No one told me it could be in my name...Now I have a killer deal that can be made better with my Nextcruise credit and it will take weeks to fix. Can you say bye bye deal? Even worse is that I feel bad because the old agency is owned by a friend of mine and I feel horrible (like I am cheating or something) by going elsewhere....

Anyone know how to fix this quick? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I could save it for the next cruise, but the agency it is with is very small, so they can't yet offer the BIG discounts. I paid for the Nextcruise certificate, I should be able to use it on where it would do the most good, and I would love to use it to add to the deal I currently have.

i don't think there is any "quick" way to change the next cruise certificate into your name...I'm pretty sure that has to be done at the time you bought it...are you a C&A member? You might try calling them and ask..how long is the "killer" deal good for? And are you sure it's legit? Sometimes things to good to be true are just that... you could always book the cruise with the agency on the certificate & then transfer it to the other agency... may not be "pleasant" since the other TA is a friend..any chance they can match the other deal? Generally the prices are supposed to be the same with all TA's unless they have group space...

I don't use a TA so I don't have problems like that. If you chose to use a middle-man, it's just one of the many problems you will have to put up with. Fortunately, the choice is totally yours...you don't have to use a TA if you don't want to.

You can transfer your Next Cruise from one TA to another. All you do is fill out a form. Your new TA should be able to get one from RCCL. Or call RCCL and they will fax you one.

I believe that, just as with a booked cruise, the current TA has to agree to release the booking. Perhaps the owner will do so because they are friends, but if it were me I'd rather keep the friendship intact than chase a hundred or two bucks.

Archived