Sovereign of the Seas

Just returned from a short cruise to Nassau and must say I was very happy to see this old gal holding up so well! We were docked next to HAL's snappy Noordam in Nassau and the SOS could still hold her own - though she did look a bit faded (this to change during the upcoming refurbishment). The only thing I really found disturbing was that horrid "rock climbing wall" they've stuck up behind the funnel like a sort of gray blob - also blocks the view astern from the Viking Crown Lounge I think. Do people really...really...really have to climb a rock wall whilst cruisng in the Bahamas or the Caribbean? I'd been reading some grumbling about the food on board...well, I must say every meal was the usual RCCL masterpiece (considering they have to feed about a thousand people at one time) and the service was - again, as usual - quite nice, friendly, attentive. Also...I do wish people could see fit to dress up a bit more...would it kill you guys to put on a jacket at dinner? I was Danny Demon and was the ONLY guy in the dining room on casual night wearing a jacket - casual, to me, is NOT jeans and a t-shirt for heaven's sake! But, all in all, it was the usual great time and RCCL is still doing a fine job! Can't wait to see the "new" SOS!

Jay Plotts
Cunard Franconia

Chandris Britanis
Sheraton Nile Cruises Aton
Triton 9-96
Nordic Empress 2-97
Nordic Empress 2-98
Majesty of the Seas 12-98
Nordic Empress 2-00
Olympic Voyager 2-01
Galaxy 2-02
Majesty of the Seas 6-03