Making my own itinerary...best way??

cruisinthree

We are doing the 7-day Carnival Victory in April. Trying to get feedback on how to create our own sort of tour on Barbados. Looking for some way to pick what we want to do and not have to do a tour that includes things we don't want to do! I know, I'm being a real princess about this! So, wondering if it's advisable to get off the ship and grab a taxi at the pier and tell them what we want to do, or, go with a tour. Basically, we just want to see the island and maybe spend some time on a beautiful beach for a couple of hours, then maybe a bit of shopping before going back to the ship. Any suggestions?? Really confused on the best way to do this!!

Cruisinthree, I don't think you're being a princess at all! This is what I've done our past 2 visits to Barbados. I've decided in advance what attractions I want to see/do and contact Cameron Reid to hire a driver and I'm all set for our visit. Cameron has several cars and drivers available and can provide a tour of the island, showing you the scenic spots, and then take you to a recommended beach for a bit. Here's his website, so you can check out his "standard" tours, although you don't have to stick to those specifically. www.scenicbarbados.com His email is camireid@yahoo.com

There are a number of tours offered. I simply picked a tour that had EVERYTHING I wanted to do and nothing I didn't want to do!

We really enjoyed Barbados. We prearranged for Glory Tour's "Best of Barbados Tour" (Option A) $94 per person (after web discount) plus tips which included lunch, entrance fees, and drinks. It was an all-day tour that ran from 9:00am to 4:00pm. All entrance fees were included. There were just six of us on this guided tour that took us all over the island. Our driver, Stephen, took us first to Harrision Cave where were enjoyed a guided tram tour underground. These caves are spectacular. Then on to Bathsheba on the East Coast for impressive views of the ocean and rock formations. We ate a delicious lunch of Flying Fish, rice and beans, cole slaw, macaroni and cheese casserole, and a coke. (Chicken was also a choice). We then worked our way to the Wild Life Reserve where we saw an abundance of green-tailed monkeys, tortoises, iguanas, a python, peacocks, turkeys, and other critters I couldn't identify. Stephen then treated us to a Barbados Rum Punch at the bar there. On the West Coast, we took a glass bottom boat to two snorkeling destinations: first visiting a ship wreck, then a spot where we swam with sea turtles (West Coast). Recommended!

More: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

We are doing the 7-day Carnival Victory in April. Trying to get feedback on how to create our own sort of tour on Barbados. Looking for some way to pick what we want to do and not have to do a tour that includes things we don't want to do! I know, I'm being a real princess about this! So, wondering if it's advisable to get off the ship and grab a taxi at the pier and tell them what we want to do, or, go with a tour. Basically, we just want to see the island and maybe spend some time on a beautiful beach for a couple of hours, then maybe a bit of shopping before going back to the ship. Any suggestions?? Really confused on the best way to do this!!

Hello, the most resourceful visit is a tour, especially one made for cruise passengers, I suggest going to www.scenicbarbadostours.net. They'll pick your group up at the ship and take you back with no worries about schedules and time. It a great way to see the island for a very low out of pocket cost. Relax!

I totally agree with you! After hours of searching the web and reading posts on these boards, I feel the best thing for us is to connect with a tour! I have checked out scenicbarbadostours and they are probably one of the ones we will consider for our upcoming April cruise!!!

Archived