Wine Tasting - Grand Princess?

lateuk

My tablemates and I went and loved it >Boy we had a blast and became good friends from then on I still use the info we learned on board .It is advertised in the Patters .Usually on a seaday The second one ...we did both ..is even fancier

Because of it we now only purchase Pinot Noir red wine ....very nice.

Go you will enjoy it and do not miss HIGH tea on Grand ...Our friends were British and it was lovely!!!!

We loved the GRAND ...Enjoy

MICHELe

Is there a wine tasting activity on the Grand? If so where on board do i find out about it and where is it held?

Thanks

It will be advertised and you also might be asked to sign up by your waiter or one of the staff up in the buffet area. There could also be a table setup outside Horizon Ct. too. I believe the charge is now $9.00/PP; up from $7.50.

Is there a wine tasting activity on the Grand? If so where on board do i find out about it and where is it held?

Thanks

Yes there are two, the $9 and the $25 Maitre d' version which I chose to go to in July this year which included canapes and several wines including one at $174 a bottle and champagne. It started off as a very official affair but soon gathered a party atmosphere with everyone getting to know each other.

I was approached in the Horizon Court one lunchtime by a member of the restaurant staff and asked if I would like to go, I had intended going so booked there and then, it was also advertised in the daily Patter and occurred on a sea day in the Botticelli restaurant.

Thanks

They usually have 2 on a 1-week cruise. The first one is cheaper than the second, but it has lower quality wines. The second, more expensive one, is usually termed the Maitre d' Wine Tasting and has better wines and is usually accompanied by horse'd ouvers. That one seems to be an OK value to me.

The dates and times will be published in the Patters and you might be able to ask the head waiters or the Maitre d' himself when they (it) will be. "Tickets" can be bought in various ways. Roving wait staff can come by your table and ask if you like to sign-up (purchase) and they'll often have tables set up by the dining rooms and horizon court selling tickets. You can also pruchase directly from your own table waiter...

The Maitre'd wine tasting pairs the wines with canapes so you can see how food changes the taste of the wine and vice versa. In the regular tasting there is only cheese to match the wines. Also the wines in the Maitre'd are far superior and gives you a chance to try an expensive wine without the cost. The Luce de la Vite and the dessert wine are both exceptional and the champagne (Veuve Cliquot, excuse the spelling) is very nice as well. On my past 3 cruises it was held in Sabatini's. The explanations are generally better as well. Even though as an Elite member I am entitled to the lesser cost winetasting for free, I almost never do it because the wines are not as good.

It will be advertised and you also might be asked to sign up by your waiter or one of the staff up in the buffet area. There could also be a table setup outside Horizon Ct. too. I believe the charge is now $9.00/PP; up from $7.50.

being more precise...is $9.50 per person / The Wine Tasting/

Yes. You should reserve a place. You can do it when you get on board as there is usually a table outside the Horizon Court on embarcation day where they sell wine packages. Ask the server to reserve your place or you can ask the waiter captain(assistant maitre'd) in your dining room.

Archived