Car rental return in Honolulu Port?

Lauraubie

We arrive in HNL on Friday night, we will be spending the night at a hotel and then leaving for our cruise on NCL Pride of America Saturday evening.

We are going to rent a car at the airport Friday night and return it Saturday. Are there any rental agencies at the port that we could return the car to? Or rental agencies at the airport that will shuttle us to the cruise? Preferably for no additional charge ;o)

I thought that I read that Thrifty offered this service but when I called then the lady said they do not. I'm not sure if I spoke with a general number or the actual Thrifty in HNL.

Thank you!

Laura

We arrive in HNL on Friday night, we will be spending the night at a hotel and then leaving for our cruise on NCL Pride of America Saturday evening.

We are going to rent a car at the airport Friday night and return it Saturday. Are there any rental agencies at the port that we could return the car to? Or rental agencies at the airport that will shuttle us to the cruise? Preferably for no additional charge ;o)

I thought that I read that Thrifty offered this service but when I called then the lady said they do not. I'm not sure if I spoke with a general number or the actual Thrifty in HNL.

Thank you!

Laura

Laura

We were there 2 years ago. We rented from Thrifty downtown location, where they picked us up at the cruise terminal, and we dropped the car opff at the airport location, no additional charge. Then they shuttled us over to our plane terminal.

Unless things have drastically changed, I don't see why they would not do the same thing in reverse. They have a downtown location and a location at the airport. Unless they have closed the downtown location, there should be no problem with what you want to do. I would try and get the Thrifty location in Wakiki and call them direct.

We were also there 2 yrs ago and rented a car from Thrifty's waikiki beach location not downtown. I hope that person meant Waikiki beach location. We took a taxi from airport to hotel and then called Thrifty's shuttle service to pick us up from hotel so we could rent the car. After we dropped the rental car off at location, shuttle from car rental dropped all of us at Pier. Like I said, it was 2 yrs ago.

We were there a week ago and rented from Thrifty and they did have a shuttle to the port. Just remember to return your car to the airport location not the Waikiki location they will charge you an additional $30 to return there. But both do have shuttles to the port.

We are also renting from Thrifty,but when we return from our cruise. They told us there would be a shuttle at the pier to take us to airport for car. We were told it had to be the airport, couldn't do Waikiki. Do they take our luggage along with us to airport? Also does anyone know when we return car at airport, will they shuttle us back to hotel? Thank you for any info. Marilyn

Archived