Conquest-7228-hc cabin info

G-Ma-Denver

OK, I goofed! I put my questions in the main forum instead of this one. I guess being new isn't really an excuse. sorry, everyone!

Carnival booked me in the above cabin for Sept of next year. She said that they would put a bench in the bathroom so I could use the showerhead from the tub outside of the tub and on the bathroom floor cause it has a drain, sounds kinda weird for a shower but it could work. Can't get my legs over the tub side.

She said it is a large room for my power w/c, 450 sq ft in cabin and 110 sq ft on balcony. Is this larger than normal?

She also promised there would be a manual w/c waiting at my cabin when I arrive so I can use it at Grand Cayman on the tender. Is this a really good promise?

Has anyone out there used this cabin and if so do you have any pictures?

My daughter and I are celebrating my 70th birthday in that month and are both very excited about it.

I appreciate anyone that will answer me, thank you!

OK, I goofed! I put my questions in the main forum instead of this one. I guess being new isn't really an excuse. sorry, everyone!

Carnival booked me in the above cabin for Sept of next year. She said that they would put a bench in the bathroom so I could use the showerhead from the tub outside of the tub and on the bathroom floor cause it has a drain, sounds kinda weird for a shower but it could work. Can't get my legs over the tub side.

She said it is a large room for my power w/c, 450 sq ft in cabin and 110 sq ft on balcony. Is this larger than normal?

She also promised there would be a manual w/c waiting at my cabin when I arrive so I can use it at Grand Cayman on the tender. Is this a really good promise?

Has anyone out there used this cabin and if so do you have any pictures?

My daughter and I are celebrating my 70th birthday in that month and are both very excited about it.

I appreciate anyone that will answer me, thank you!

It doesn't appear to me that this really is a handicap accessible cabin. 450 sqyare feet sounds pretty small. And most handicap accessible cabins have SHOWERS, not bath tubs. Ask again. See how wide the doorway is. Measure your power wheelchair, and see if indeed you could even fit inside.

I'd really be talking to Carnival again. Usually HC cabins are near elevators, and more accessible than this cabin appears to be. I know that Carnival does not indicate on their web site which of their cabins are accessible, but I also know that they have some cabins that are "modified", meaning there are some accesible features, but not usually enough for a power chair. Did the person you speak with understand that you'd be coming with a power chair?

I don't know either about the offer of a manual chair for the tender. Usually the cruise ships will not allow you to take their manual chairs off the ship (and obvoiusly you'd need it once you got off the tender). I'd really do some serious checking on this to be sure you're getting what you've been promised!

Oh boy, know you've got me thinking. I'll call my Carnival rep again but she knows I'm bringing a power chair and I filled out their special needs form with the measurements and everything. Thanks for the concern.

Hey uppitycats, I'm back.

Called my rep about cabin 7228 again and was told it is larger than the regular cat-11 suite which is 275 sq ft for the cabin and 65 sq ft for the balcony. She directed me to the special needs layout of the decks that show the h/c cabins and wheelchair routes throughout the ship, even the h/c washrooms. Guess I'll put up with the bench on the bathroom floor for the spaceier cabin than some of the other h/c rooms that Conquest has. Thanks for your concern and replies to my questions. Wish I had seen this site before I actually booked something, but hey I'm going to have a great time being 70.

Hey uppitycats, I'm back.

Called my rep about cabin 7228 again and was told it is larger than the regular cat-11 suite which is 275 sq ft for the cabin and 65 sq ft for the balcony. She directed me to the special needs layout of the decks that show the h/c cabins and wheelchair routes throughout the ship, even the h/c washrooms. Guess I'll put up with the bench on the bathroom floor for the spaceier cabin than some of the other h/c rooms that Conquest has. Thanks for your concern and replies to my questions. Wish I had seen this site before I actually booked something, but hey I'm going to have a great time being 70.

With those reassurances I think you'll be fine. I've been on two Carnival ships but each time had a cabin with a shower, which was great -- there was so much room in there I could do wheelies, if I were inclined! :)

Overall the Carnival staff was very helpful and accommodating, so it sounds like you'll be just fine. Have a great cruise!

This had me curious, so I looked up 7228 on the Conquest. The deck plans do not show a handicapped stateroom what so ever for this cabin. In fact, it shows a whirlpool tub.

Definitely check to make sure the door width is wide enough for your chair. Although the stateroom is a category 11 suite, it does not appear to be any larger than others in this category. This could mean access with a power chair might be very difficult, if not impossible. And I really question their description of how you are to use the shower.

Something just doesn't sound right here. Good luck, and next time you call, I would ask to speak to a supervisor or someone higher up that might have a bit more information than you have gotten so far.

Hi, thanks for the advise. I called and was told that the regular cat-ll is 275 sq ft compared to the 475 sq ft cabin in 7228 and the balcony is 65 st ft in the regular one compared to 110 sq ft to the one in 7228. My handicapped deck diagrams shows it in dark blue like eveything else for the h/c although it doesn't look any bigger? But the super said it was. She told me: Doorway = 34", Hallways = 36", Bathroom = 34", Balcony = 33" with a lip of 4 1/2". If these measurements are correct then I shouldn't have any trouble with my chair. Thanks for getting me to call again as I got even more information for the super. I really like this site and all your guys welling to help anyone out.......thanks again for your input.

Archived