What pier is Caribbean Princess at?

CRUISERSWITHKIDS

We want to fly into San Juan the day before our cruise since the weather in the midwest is so unpredictable in the winter. We would like to know which pier the Caribbean Princess will be at, (don't know if this makes a difference but the cruise date is Jan. 10, 2010) and which area and or hotel would you recommend? We aren't looking for a beach or fancy resort kind of place. Just a safe clean place to sleep for the night with the convenience of being close to the pier. Am I asking too much:confused:

The Caribbean Princess leaves from Pan American Pier. My understanding is that it's not really near any hotels. You'll need to take a cab.

I'm on a November sailing of the Caribbean Princess and since we've stayed in OSJ previously, this time we are staying at a beach resort (Marriott Stellaris) pre cruise. We want to swim and relax.

Good luck with your hotel search.

We left from the Pan American pier on the CB a few months ago. No hotels right around the pier (it is actually right next to small airport). We just took a cab to the pier. As for hotels, it sort of depends on what time you get in and what you want to do. The is more resturaunts and such in OSJ and the Condando beach area. Isle Verdi has a little less of that, but is closer to the airport and some of the hotels were cheaper. We stayed at the Marriott Stellaris. Was nice, some kids, not a ton (never had to dodge them around the pool or lobby). Was right on the beach as well. If you look at some of the hotels in Condando Beach, keep on eye for the resort fee as well. Adds to the total cost.

We have been to the S. Caribbean twice on Princess and the one thing I have noticed is less kids. There were only 65 3-12yr olds on our S. Caribbean cruise in April. Always great to take a cruise to get away from the kids!!!!

Tim

Archived