Whats the going price for....

mchlhaystead

Do you get to keep them when you buy them or are they given to you on the last night of the cruise?

You keep them.. you are allowed one carton per person to take off the ship.. that is unopened.. it is only alcohol that is kept

We paid 19.49 for one carton of Marlboro Lights 100s. We took 3 cartons off the ship Thursday with no issues. Even the customs agent said it was fine as we declared truthfully and she said there wouldnt be any taxes charged for the extra carton since it was opened.

Can some who has sailed recently tell me the cost of marlboro onboard? We sail in september.

Thanks

michele

I don't know what itinerary you're on. But if you port in St. Thomas, my suggestion would be to purchase your cigarettes there. This past February, they were $19/per carton, and they are the cigarettes you are used to. The cigarettes sold on board the ships are those manufactured for export and tend to be quite different in taste. Since St. Thomas is a U.S. port, they are shipped "our" cigarettes.

Well I have purchased cartons of cigs on my past 15 cruises and they are the same ones sold here in Cali. Never had a taste difference. They have a special where you buy five cartons in a special box and it is a little over 100. Its a good deal.

Also depends on the ship - the Pride they wanted $44.95 for a carton - they are cheaper here at home in VA!!!!

They charge more for them when sailing from what they consider "northern" ports. :rolleyes: Sailing from Norfolk last summer was the same - the two sailings out of Florida in between they were more like $22 a carton.

Archived