Beach for 20somethings...

cheflauraleh

HI! My husband and I are stopping in Aruba in early December and we'd like to go to a beach. We are pretty frugal people so we'll probably take the bus, but I'd like to know which beach all you Aruba experts suggest. Here's our requirements...

1. Justin (the hubby) likes beaches with fairly big waves, so we don't want it to be a flat boring beach.

2. We like a more natural setting, so Palm Beach isn't looking so great to me because of all of the water sports. But I could be wrong so I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks for your time! I appreciate all of your help!

You are not going to find an exciting beach with big waves. All of the activities beach wise are located on Palm Beach which has no waves and is lake like.

Eagle Beach can offer waves sometimes, but we are for the most part talking like 3 footers on a "big" day.

There are beaches on the opposite side of the island with large waves, however they are more difficult to get to, ie., cannot get there by bus and swimming is prohibited because it IS that treacherous.

Either Palm Beach or Eagle Beach can be reached via bus. Bring food and snacks from the ship because drinks and food are going to be expensive at any of the beach bars.

Archived