Cabin comparison..Princess vs RCCL

We just ended this summers vacation and are already beginning to think of next years. We are considering a Mexican Riviera (sp) on Royal. Our question is, we had a minisuit on Princess for 4 people (2 adults, 2 teenagers) it was tight but it was doable. How do the cabins on Royal Carib. compare to Princess.

I found the closet space on princess much more accomdating than on RC,,bathroom had more shelf space which I like cause I always bring too much:D.. As for the cabin space I think it may be comparable to RC,,I missed the couch, only had one chair,,,,I tend to pile stuff on the couch so I missed that...

Balcony on Princess was great tho...We booked a room on Caribe deck and the size was great,,,our friends were next door and we had it open so it was one big balcony.....:cool:

We just ended this summers vacation and are already beginning to think of next years. We are considering a Mexican Riviera (sp) on Royal. Our question is, we had a minisuit on Princess for 4 people (2 adults, 2 teenagers) it was tight but it was doable. How do the cabins on Royal Carib. compare to Princess.
A mini suite on princess is equal to a balcony cabin on RCCL.

I have just the opposite impression from goouchjac. Our Princess cabin had a small barrel chair which sat right in front of the balcony door opening, so you had to move the chair to open the door. Our RCI balcony rooms have had a couch instead of a chair and the couch in no way interferred with the balcony door opening. The bathrooms on Princess, IMO, were smaller and more cramped than the RCI ones. The storage space was better on RCI. It may depend upon the ships you're comparing, but our balcony rooms on RCI were more spacious than our balcony rooms on Princess.

For 4 people I would take a Jr Suite on RCI......

Rita

CRUISERSWITHKIDS:

I am so glad you asked this question. I have the same family makeup!!!

Being RCCL has gone away with the partial Panama Canal cruises I have been thinking about Princess next year for my family. Also trying to figure out what room to choose on Princess.

I save all year for our one vacation and have come to the conclusion-with 2 teens-a GS with royal fits us perfect.

Does anyone know what catagory in Princess is similar to a RCCL GS?

Archived