Are the seas calm in November?

wbrown

I'll be cruising on the Rhapsody of the Seas roundtrip Sydney in November 2009 and wanted to know if we should expect rough seas? Our cabin is located aft of the ship and we have four days at sea.

You never know. I have heard that if you are traveling between Australia and New Zealand the Tasmanian Sea can get pretty rough at times but have seen from other posts where they were as calm as a bathtub.

You roll the dice and see what happens. :o

Again it is the luck of the draw. Often in Spring we have wild woolly weather and other times it can be sunny and calm. Just go prepared and if you have calm seas, then you have drawn the lucky straw.

We were in the Tasman sea in August many years ago and August is usually a cold winter month, but we were lucky and the seas were quite good though we had been through a huge gale from Suva to Auckland so anything less than that would have seemed calm.

Jennie

I'll be cruising on the Rhapsody of the Seas roundtrip Sydney in November 2009 and wanted to know if we should expect rough seas? Our cabin is located aft of the ship and we have four days at sea.

We sailed Celebrity Millenium last Nov. the dreaded Tasman was rough per reports coming to Sydney but pretty smooth on our leg.

Archived