Celebrity Solstice ships v P&O ?

LibraLass41

Welcome back to the site Stopgo....

Where have you been? I have missed your constructive comments so much:rolleyes:

P.S. do you ever post anything about your cruises, or help others with queries or write a cruise review? All you do is pick at others posts:confused:

Ignore it sue you keep measuring the bread rolls and posting your reports I'm very interested as are plenty of other

Here are my Celebrity 'plus' touches:

a) that glass of fizz on boarding;

b) being shown to your cabin;

c) the big dining rooms.

Here are my P&O 'plus' touches:

a) in-cabin kettles;

b) the proper promenade decks;

c) the end-of-cruise 'cruise summary' sheet, plus the set of dinner menus.

So Celebrity puts a lot of emphasis on the initial impact, whereas P&O is about on-going maintenance.

If you click on Stopgos name, and then click view all posts by stopgo, you will see what I mean.

Nothing constructive or helpful to other cruisers, just pick pick pick at others, looking for light hearted banter, or a troublesome troll, you decide.:rolleyes:

People like StopGo are the reason I very rarely post or visit this site, very little, if anything constructive to say, most of the time he/she taking pee out of others.:eek:

couldn't agree more Delboy.

:)

Just a couple of points

Delboy reckons he rarely visits or posts on the PO messageboard, yet according to the stats during the last three months he has made 35 posts.

I've made 560 posts, I can't believe all them have been lighthearted or picky. I have posted quiet a bit about the recession and the effects of the recession. I started a thread for hot holiday deals, to help those on a budget, and the Ventura Bash thread to try and bring closure on that argument. I can only coment on the ships I have been on Arcadia and Ventura, I wouldn't dream making judgements on ships I haven't sailed on.

Yes some of the messages posted I've found funny, and I am grateful for that. In these troubled times its important to have a laugh, and not to lose ones sense of humour. Most important though is the ability to laugh at oneself, a comodity that seems in short supply.

We've done 2 Celebrity cruises and really enjoyed everything about them, but this year we have booked with P&O on Azura, in October, transatlantic to Barbados, you've now brought back all the memories of the Summit and the Century, I just hope we've done the right thing, as we've never cruised with P&O.

I think the pool butlers are an excellent idea, they should have them at all hotels and resorts everywhere:cool:

I thought the ship was wonderful and the food and entertainment slightly better than pando. Her decor is modern like Arcadia (my favourite P&O ship) and I would be happy to sail on her soon.

I hope the rest of the Solstice class is not llike Arcadia which we felt was like a badly planned rabbit warren.

The cabins on Arcadia are it's best feature and the "Atrium" with it's complete lack of any aura, probably the worst.

Hopefully Libralass41 has got it wrong.

I hope the rest of the Solstice class is not llike Arcadia which we felt was like a badly planned rabbit warren.

The cabins on Arcadia are it's best feature and the "Atrium" with it's complete lack of any aura, probably the worst.

Hopefully Libralass41 has got it wrong.

I'm afraid I completely disagree with your comment about the Arcadia beign like a bad designed Rabbit warren on the contarary I think she is a very easy ship to navigate

Unlike the Aurora which must have the most odd and strange lay out of any ship I have ever been on, having to climb stairs and decend again to reach certain areas those horrid stairs down to the midship restuarant and cabins tooked behind the Atrium that you have to pass to reach other public areas as you can gather I don't like Aurora

In regards to Atriums as mentioned before NO Arcadia does not have a wow Atrium but there actually a terrible waste of space really

On a ship the size of the Soltice Class like Equinox they can spare up to 7 decks of open space but on others I personally feel the space could be better used

And as mentioned above if P&O are not going use these Atiums as a space of grand entrance and welcome with a free glass of bubbly when you board whats the point:D

Hi Sue

Thanksfor the review. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself.

We have been on several cruises with Princess P&O and Cunard. Had a fantastic time on all of them. We have booked the Eclipse for Oct 2010 for the Eastern Med. Cant wait for it.

We loved P&Os Arcadia. I really couldn't understand the negative press that she attracted.

It will be interesting to compare the two.

Enjoy Oceana.

Hi - just off the Equinox Maiden Voyage to the Fjords. As PAYING passengers!!

Our next cruise will be......................P&O!!! Heard so much about it on board the Equinox and haven't been P&O for 40 years. Ditto Cunard.

The Equinox is a beautiful ship - from hereon, my lips are sealed:D:D

We've done 2 Celebrity cruises and really enjoyed everything about them, but this year we have booked with P&O on Azura, in October, transatlantic to Barbados, you've now brought back all the memories of the Summit and the Century, I just hope we've done the right thing, as we've never cruised with P&O.

I think the pool butlers are an excellent idea, they should have them at all hotels and resorts everywhere:cool:

What is the big deal with the Pool Butler? They are just the usual pool attendants as far as we could see. Did have a laugh at the T-shirts though!! So did they!! What did we miss?

Tell us more, tell us more, abbout your week on Equinox.... I have been reading reviews on your cruise on www.cruise.co.uk mostly 4/5 star a few had some moans and groans - american food and entertainment mainly... I mentioned a few things in my review, what did you think then?

Pool butler, a big deal? It would be if they did what they were supposed to do - ie. remove towels from unoccupied sun loungers asap, so that people who want to use them can! I did see them doing just that on my mini cruise, and had a conversation with the deck supervisor in charge of the pool butlers and she said it was a new idea, to keep the decks free of reserved unoccupied loungers. The policy to be; pool towels removed straight away, personal belongings after 30mins... also ofcourse they keep the swimming areas clean and tidy removing dirty plates and discarded drinks glasses.

Comments from you appreciated....:rolleyes:

Well, enjoyed the cruise - but not as much as most others.

Food in the MDR was pretty good and the service all over the ship was very good.

Far older crowd than we are used to - actually, probably not, just more staid!! These are large ships and to only cater to the more staid, has to be a mistake!! Quite a few of our CC group were a bit bored. The entertainment schedule seemed schizophrenic!! Strange times. Mostly spa and shop sales events and seminars:D:D. After the show and mostly during the day, we were at a loss to do anything other than eat!!:eek:

We like the Casual Dining on M-class or the Windjammer buffet on Royal Caribbean, for the evening meal sometimes. There is no Casual Dining, only an unexciting Seaview in the evening. Quite limited really, as we do appreciate the excellent salad bars on royal caribbean. Went to the Bistro - nice - but not too often - limited menu. The other specialty restaurants - too much food. We were not AQ class - so no Blu for us. Varying reports on that, but I would not have a cabin under the pool deck!!

They do have a great staff on board in general, but some of the senior management are a bit uppity!! Lovely Captain though - he can Captain my ship anyday!! Hehehehe!!!

We would go on the new Eclipse as it will be out of Southampton if there is nothing else. But I do wish that they could have a Piano Bar guy like the ones in the Schooner Bar, to liven things up a bit. The singer/guitarist was great, but in the wrong places at the wrong times and it wasn't the same as those Piano Bar guys with attitude and personality!!

Hard to explain - there was not the all-round experience we are looking for. Varying opinions on board. I believe that for an opening cruise, there was far too little effort made to please the paying passengers. It was as though they had entertained the big-wigs, job done!!

On Princess, you can go to the main show and there is always 'something' fun following in the Showroom. After the main show on Equinox, there is 10 mins of Acapella.

Hard to explain - we are old, but young at heart!! Plenty of those not young at heart, enjoyed it!! You will have to try it and form your own opinion!!

Archived