Ncl kids crew ages 10 and 13

hotlipss

I would like to know if the kids crew closes down at lunch time or dinner time on port or sea days? Is it free on port days while at port? What time do they open and close?What time can they go the first day of the cruise?...we are sailing on Ncl pearl eastern Feb 2010...thanks so much for any info you may have about Ncl kids programs:o

We sailed on the Star but it was 5 years ago. At that time, the club wasnt open when the ship was docked at all. It opened after set sail....but not immediately. So if sail was 5pm, it didnt open until its normal 7pm time.

If I recall correctly, it was 9-12, 2-5 and 7-10pm on sea days.

I also recall that the first day was an open house and sign up period with maybe a get to know you hour that evening.

The hours for the kid's club on NCL was expanded last year with the implementation of Freestyle 2.0. In general Kid's Club is open all day on sea days for no additional cost between 9 AM and 10:30 PM; though during meal times the activities may be Freestyle play or Family activities. Freestyle play hours are when the various age groups are together; since the majority of the kids are off eating. Family activities require an adult to be present during the activity; for example pizza making.

From 10:30 PM to 1 or 1:30 AM on most nights you can sign up for late night group activities at $5 per hour for the first child. It is also $5 per hour for the first child on port days for group activities. We did the Eastern Caribbean on the Dawn this past spring and we never used port play; our 5 y/o DS went with us at all of the ports. We did Playa Rincon with Casa Dorado at Samana DR, Coki Beach with Papa Bear at St. Thomas USVI, and Speedy's ferry to Virgin Gorda (The Baths) at Road Town BVI.

On embarkation day there was a counselor from Kid's Club waiting at the entrance to the ship. They handed out the weekly schedule and the registration forms. We filled the forms out over lunch and turned them at the Kid's Club open house; which was about 12 to 5 PM (closed for muster drill) that day. This is also the only time a parent can walk around inside Kid's Club. That evening they re-open between 7 and 8 PM. On port days Kid's Club opened 30 to 60 minutes after leaving a port; though usually the first hour was Freestyle play.

Link to NCL Kid's Club and Freestyle Family Fun: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FreestyleFamilyFun

Also remember that the counselors are not part of the daily service charge. So if your kid's spend a lot of time in Kid's Club (like ours) you might consider bringing along money for a tip for the Kid's Club counselors at the end of your cruise.

As you can see by the link above, you can arrange for your child(ren) to be at Kid's Crew during port times, but there is a fee involved. There likely won't be many other kids there also - if any at all.

I can't tell you anything about port play or after hours since we've never used either, but I can confirm that my daughter loved the Kid's Crew on the Pearl when she was 10. :) I'm sure yours will as well.

• 2 weeks later...

We used the port play a few times just for a few hours. The kids couldn't bear a day without the kids club! Even though it is a fee, it is so much cheaper than our babysitter at home so we felt like it was worth it! I have kids club schedules that you can look at that will show the hours on port days and late night etc. We really like the kids club on Norwegian and so do my kids!

Archived