Balcony dividers

Cruiser 64

This may not be relevant for your ship, but on the Gem all we needed to unlock the balcony dividers was a square head tool. Someone in our group was able to use a flexible plastic comb to open the locks.

Of course, each afternoon when we were out of our rooms the stewards would re-lock them. They said it was because of winds - there is no way to hold them in place once opened.

This may not be relevant for your ship, but on the Gem all we needed to unlock the balcony dividers was a square head tool. Someone in our group was able to use a flexible plastic comb to open the locks.

Of course, each afternoon when we were out of our rooms the stewards would re-lock them. They said it was because of winds - there is no way to hold them in place once opened.

Aaaahhh, so that's what you bring duct tape for! ;)

We were able to open the dividers on the Pearl between BA rooms. Which was wonderfull for our trip. There were 6 of us using attached rooms. We just asked our Steward to open them for us. For my upcoming cruise we ask before hand and were told that the NCL Star does not have dividers that open. To get that answer our TC contacted NCL. She did say to double check since sometimes NCL is incorrect in their responses. Since then I have seen pictures of our room through Cruise Critic and found that there is not a divider between our room and my Dad's room next door. Though we will be able to see each other.

Do a search on CC using your stateroom number and see if can find previous inhabitants that have posted pictures.

Donna

We had AFT BA's 10230 and 10730 on the Dawn this past February. Our cabin Stewards had the divider open for us before we even arrived. I asked the Steward if they could stay open the entire week, and he told me of course, that he intentionally opened the divider because he saw we were traveling as a family in the 2 adjacent cabins. It was awesome as we had nearly 200sqft of balcony space, and were able to use the balconies to connect our rooms without having to go into the hallway with keycards!

He was a great Steward. It was a pleasure giving him and his assistant additional tips at the end of the week.

Archived