Docked from 9-4 - Comfort Suites Worth It?

debolinas

Hello,

We will be in Nassau on October 9 on the Glory. The ship is docked from 9-4. Our group includes 3 adults and 1 child (4 yrs old.) I have booked a room at the Comfort Suites and figure it will add up to close to $300 when all is said and done. I love the idea of spending the day at Atlantis and having full access to the water park but am wondering if it is worth it when we are docked for such a short time. Have others done this? If so is it worth it? Any suggestions on whether this is worth and how best to make it work if it is worth it would be much appreciated!

62 days and I can't wait!

Many thanks,

Deborah

Carnival Pride, Mexican Riviera 5/08

Norwegian Star, Mexican Riviera 1/09

Carnival Glory, Western Carribean 10/09

Carnival Spirit, Mexican Riviera 1/10

Some think it is.. some not so much.

Keep in mind that the slides and rides don't open until 10am.. and you'll have to be leaving the pools by 3pm in order to make it back over the bridge and to port in time.

5 Hours might be fine for some...

You realize that there is a height restriction of 48 inches for many of the slides.. very strictly enforced.

Personally, I wouldn't spend my day at a waterpark. But that's just me.

Scubagirl,

Do you have other suggestions for Nassau?

Thanks,

Deborah

Sheraton has a day pass for $25pp

Blackbeards has a Private island beach day or stingrays or both. (starting around $30)

Blue Lagoon has Dolphins, sea Lions or just a wonderful lagoon beach day at a private island (starting at $45) (www.dolphinencounters.com).

Snorkeling tours:

www.flyingcloud.info

www.seahorsesailingadventures.com

Plenty to do in Nassau.. what are your interests and expectations?

Tough call. We did it last November while aboard the Splendor, but don't think we'd do it again. Felt like nothing was open at Atlantis, and the whole vibe felt kinda desolate. It was an overcast day with a storm front brewing. Might have been the weather... not sure.. but at the end of the day, we left somewhat disappointed in the experience.

Blackbeards has a Private island beach day or stingrays or both. (starting around $30)

Blue Lagoon has Dolphins, sea Lions or just a wonderful lagoon beach day at a private island (starting at $45) (www.dolphinencounters.com).

Snorkeling tours:

www.flyingcloud.info

Scubagirl,

Those sound like great ideas. I will look into the first 2 since snorkeling with a 4 y.o. could be pretty challenging. Normally I enjoy adventure and getting to know local culture but with my daughter this has temporarily become a challenge.

Thanks,

Deborah

Snorkeling tours:

www.flyingcloud.info

Scubagirl,

Which would you recommend most highly? Blackbeards, Blue Lagoon or the Sheraton? We will be docked for 7 hours.

Thanks,

Deborah

Scubagirl,

Which would you recommend most highly? Blackbeards, Blue Lagoon or the Sheraton? We will be docked for 7 hours.

Thanks,

Deborah

Is you have the time - and you not there on a Sunday/thursday when they are closed. then, Blue Lagoon would be my pick.

take the 10:30 ferry and come back at 2..(gets into port around 2:30) which will still give you time for souveneirs shopping.

Go to www.dolphinencounters.com for reservations.

This is our second cruise trip using Comfort Suites and we booked their for our 8/14 CCL Glory stop 9am-4pm. We took our DS(6) their last year via the NCL Sky and we all had a fantastic time. For the young one they have a great kids water area and you can go check out the Digs aquarium too. If you have never been to the Atlantis I'd put this on your to do list at least one. FYI in Oct. occupancy is lower then summer so if your into water slides the lines should be just about nil. HTH

FYI- My avatar pix is our DS 4yrs at the time at the Atlantis Digs aquarium on a non cruise Atlantis vacation.

Debolinas, I spent my honeymoon in Nassau and we did the dolphin encounter and had a blast. Blue Lagoon is absolutely beautiful, I'm sure you'd love it. We (me & my DH) love Nassau, we have been there 6 times. Good luck deciding.

Brenda

Archived