Liberty Questions

Denali1005

We are sailing January 16, 2010 on the Liberty (Western)....I have a few questions for you....

1. I like to dress for dinner so I am happy with the "formal/elegant" nights but how casual are the other nights?

2. Can I wear jeans and a nice top to the night club?

3. I have read somewhere that the Bistro has a salad bar....is it open for lunch and where is it located?

4. If you have sailed in January what was the weather like? Id it considered "High Wave" season?

5. Anyone know where I can get a waterproof wallet for cheap?

I have been reading the treads for over a month now and I wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their "tips & tricks" info. Although I was not thrilled with the idea of a cruise (I like my AI vacations), I have grown to be very excited thanks to all the things I have read here on the boards.

:D

We are sailing January 16, 2010 on the Liberty (Western)....I have a few questions for you....

1. I like to dress for dinner so I am happy with the "formal/elegant" nights but how casual are the other nights? I usually wore either a cotton sundress, (and yes I wore flip flops!) or a some sort of skirt (kahki or cotton) and a nice top.

2. Can I wear jeans and a nice top to the night club? I went into the nightclub in jeans and a hoodie one night! Otherwise I wore Jeans and a top

3. I have read somewhere that the Bistro has a salad bar....is it open for lunch and where is it located? There was always a salad station at the beginning (or end depending on where you start lol!) on the Lido buffet

4. If you have sailed in January what was the weather like? Id it considered "High Wave" season? Sailed western on Liberty in November and didn't have any problems with waves.... but who knows!

5. Anyone know where I can get a waterproof wallet for cheap? wally world sells water proof wallets for cheap, persoanlly I prefer one of those water proof "boxes" that is on a lanyard that you wear around your next. But the wallets are in the camping/hunting/outdoors section at wally world.

I have been reading the treads for over a month now and I wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their "tips & tricks" info. Although I was not thrilled with the idea of a cruise (I like my AI vacations), I have grown to be very excited thanks to all the things I have read here on the boards.

You will have a great time! The Liberty is a great ship, and the western itenerary is so much fun! have you choosen shore excursions yet? If you are going to Grand Cayman I highly reccomend the stingray excursion! It is something you will remember all your life!:D

1. I like to dress for dinner so I am happy with the "formal/elegant" nights but how casual are the other nights? There is a poll on the site talking about the way people are dressing on the ships.

2. Can I wear jeans and a nice top to the night club? My wife and I wear shorts to the clubs, so jeans would be fine.

3. I have read somewhere that the Bistro has a salad bar....is it open for lunch and where is it located? If I remember correctly there is salad at the buffet for lunch.

4. If you have sailed in January what was the weather like? Id it considered "High Wave" season? I know it is the windy season so there could be some waves I'm sure.

5. Anyone know where I can get a waterproof wallet for cheap?

I have been reading the treads for over a month now and I wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their "tips & tricks" info. Although I was not thrilled with the idea of a cruise (I like my AI vacations), I have grown to be very excited thanks to all the things I have read here on the boards. You might try www.leisurepro.com it has really good prices for diving gear.[/quote]

I hope that this helps you.

Archived