Wierd question Oasis Deck Chairs What Type?

Sorry everyone but the last RCCl cruise I was on, EOS had the chairs with plastic rubber slats. You all know the kind that leave marks all over you even with a towel. Has Rccl upgraded to mesh or even padded like Princess? Like I've stated before, it's been awhile. Never know if the Artists rendering will reflect what will actually be. What's the standard now? Thanks

Not a weird question at all... All of us are probably waiting to see if there is a definitive answer to this question. I too hate the plastic slat chairs. Even with a towel (that moves around) I always get up with "zebra stripes". The mesh chairs are the best general deck chair we have seen and the padded ones are awsome, but I tend to fall asleep in them immediately.... If I had to guess, I would say the general deck chair will be mesh but it's just a hopeful guess.

RCL does have padded deck chairs in other areas, such as the adult pool area and some covered areas, but those dreaded slat chairs are everywhere else due to their resiliency to weather.

I vote for mesh! (Like my vote means anything...:D)

-----------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Call me wierd, but I much prefer the slat loungers vs the mesh with the plastic frames. 1...the plastic frames don't lay flat so trying to lay on your stomach is very uncomfortable, and 2...when you sit in the chair the back doesn't stay where it's supposed to, it flips up! then you have to fight with the chair to get it in the right position when you want to lay back. The aweful plastic frame mesh chair is one of the reasons I don't enjoy Coco Cay. I stay at the bar or lay in the hammock if I can get one. :D

Really? I just flip around so my head is at the foot area and lay on my stomach that way. Works for me. When I want to read I just scoot up a little and put my book on a towel on the deck in front of me. I guess it's just deck chair gymnastics :0)

Archived