Still Dizzy.......anyone else have this after cruise??

You might try "unplugging" your ears, is that the right term? I had the same problems after the cruise, I found my ears were plugged from the change in altitude, the sea movement and the flight. It's a horrible feeling.

I hope it clears up soon.

Mariner of the Seas 02/08/04

Navigator of the Seas 01-2003

• 4 years later...

I feel the same, way, started thinking I was crazy until I read some of the same occurences here. It's going on almost 3 weeks now. Hate this but loved the cruising.:mad:

NCL Mexican Riviera 3/7/09

It's an interesting phenomenon. I experienced this from my first cruise.

By the time of my 20th cruise.......which was a little longer......I would still have this feeling of being slightly off balance while standing on land. Just sort of a swaying motion.

It took me over 40 cruises to finally be able to step ashore......even after a pretty rough sailing...........and not rock.:o

So......give yourself time. I used to have the feeling of "being on the ship" for up to 5 days.

Rick

It's an interesting phenomenon. I experienced this from my first cruise.

By the time of my 20th cruise.......which was a little longer......I would still have this feeling of being slightly off balance while standing on land. Just sort of a swaying motion.

It took me over 40 cruises to finally be able to step ashore......even after a pretty rough sailing...........and not rock.:o

So......give yourself time. I used to have the feeling of "being on the ship" for up to 5 days.

Rick

so I have 10+ more until it stops??? :eek:

I get it for weeks at a time...on the shorter trips it takes less time to go away than the longer ones...the longest I had it was 10 weeks...except for the Nov 30...I went onto the ship with Vertigo and I almost went on the last cruise in Feb still dizzy...doctor says to take bonine but I dont take anything because I dont have a problem on the ship and the meds make me weird(er)...

This is a normal right after a cruise.If you have those patches that you put on for sea sickness you can put on another... that has happened to a friend of mine and i called my dr. and he said to wear 1 more set of patches and that shoud equal you out.try it

Yep, after every cruise. Heck, I get it after I'm out on a boat on the lake for a day. But, I'm more sensitive I think, because I have Meniere's disease (it's a weird inner ear imbalance that has vertigo included as one of the fun symptoms).

I'm actually a little nervous, because I haven't been on a cruise since I had my first Meniere's attack, so I'm really not sure how I'll react on our cruise coming up in May. Fortunately I have prescription drugs that should help!

Its very common, and happens whether you are prone to motion sickness or not. I take Bonine beginning the day of the cruise, throughout the cruise, and for several days post-cruise. Then I wean myself off by taking 1/2 per day for the next several days.

I just returned from the Voyager 3/22/09-3/29/09 sailing. We had very rough seas on the last sea day, heading into a cold front. It seems to me that the rougher the seas on the cruise, then the longer the rocking sensation lasts.

The rocking sensation is your body's attempt to right itself in a non-motion environment. It will eventually go away. Seasick meds will help, as will vertigo medication (Meclizine, which is also Bonine OTC).

Archived