Fresh Fruit?

Is fresh fruit pretty much always available on RCCL ships? We will be taking our first RCCL cruise on the Explorer of the Seas in September. Prior to this, we have done both Carnival and Disney cruises. The two most recent were both on Disney and I LOVED that they almost always had fresh tropical fruits available - pineapple, mango, papaya - it was wonderful! During the day it was right by the pool and was just so refreshing.

I'm not exactly a "health nut," but I choose to eat healthy even when on vacation, so I'm hoping there will be some good choices with RCCL. I pretty much eat fruit with every meal and as snacks too.

Yes, they do have fresh fruit, although it's more often along the lines of apples, oranges, bananas and melons --- fruit that travels well.

Same on the Mariner with some occasional pear, kiwi, & grapes.

Fruit of some sort usually on the menu each night in mainDR.

Fruit always at the Windjammer buffet. I think I remember room service menu had a fruit or melon plate. We got the cheese plate each night at the start of dinner and it always had good red grapes on it. The Promadade Cafe had fresh fruit cups there 24 hours a day.

It's there just find it. 2 weeks ago we had really good watermelon on the FofS. I remember really good canalope, melon, kiwi,strawberries,pineapple and apples.

Our recent cruise to the Southern Caribbean had lots of bananas, melons and grapes. The fruit plate delivered to the room had 1 kiwi, 1 pear and 1 plum in addition to the apples and bananas. The melons were actually really good. Not much tropical though...

We had a fresh fruit plate each morning in the main dining room on the Freedom of the Seas. There was also a bowl at the entrance of the Windjammer w/things like kiwi, oranges, apples, etc. I would grab a couple of these and take them back to my room and made my own fruit bowl. Enjoy your trip!

Archived