We Are Off to the Monarch!

Ships R Great

After 8 years we are returning to RCCL (Monarch of the Seas) for a very short 4-nighter. DH's high school reunion (65th!) is in Jacksonville, FL in two weeks so we are zipping down to Port Canaveral after that. We last sailed on Monarch on November 2001. I am sooooo anxious to be on a ship again. We have not sailed since January of 2008.

I'll let you know what we think when we get back. We booked an inside guarantee and got just what we booked, on deeck 2!!!! (No flames, we knew we could end up in the engine room.) Then we were able to upgrade to a deck 5 outside for $40. Not bad, huh? Wish us luck.

OOOH Pack very light! The Monarch and her sister ships have the SMALLEST rooms EVER! If you sailed in 2008 on a newer ship, be prepared to be downsized considerably! Pretty ship tho. With nice layout.

You'll have a great reunion!

We just returned home from our Monarch cruise today. Had a great time. We were in an SOV and were surprised at how roomy the cabin felt. Liked the corner sofa. Bathroom was really tiny though. The shower had to be the smallest we've ever seen. This was our first time on Monarch. Loved it and would go again in a heartbeat.

I am anxiously waiting cast off. Glad you had a good time and recommend it. I will not be looking for stuff to complain about. I think a person pretty much gets what they look for in a cruise. We are not picky. Clean with a friendly crew will make us happy. (Go Gators!)

Archived