Infant Rates

Bubbaloo311

I am looking into possibly taking a cruise in early December with my DH and twin girls - who will turn 1 on December 8. We need a much needed vacation and I am thinking I'd rather that than a birthday party.

This would be our first time cruising with the babies. I was wondering if any cruise lines do not charge for infants. I mean they are still on baby food and formula and would barely eat anything - and they are too young for the kids clubs.

Can you please give me any pointers on which lines might be the best and most economical for us traveling with the kids.

Thanks so much.

Ann

Yes they charge for infants. I frowned and griped but still had to take it in the gut! Can't imagine not having kids not come with us to vacations now. I noticed some discounts for kids sailing free, but noticed that the 1st and 2nd passenger prices were higher than normal to compensate for "Free" Sailing or "Free" Air type of promos.

You can even get accurate pricing on NCL.com with your infant pricing. Our daughter is still 1 and we are still getting discounted rates for her!

And what's great about NCL is they have $99, $129 and $199 3rd/4th person rates. So it doesn't matter how old the child is, the rate is still discounted.

You hear that RCCL and Celebrity! ;):D

We are taking our baby (will be 7 1/2 months old) on Disney in September. They charged us $189 plus taxes and port charges for him. We are major RCCL cruisers but they didn't offer any type of babysitting for a child under a year. All we were looking for was an hour or two once or twice during the week. So, with Disney having the nursery...they got our money ;)

Also not sure if you have though about it...but there are a very limited number of ships that have a splash area for children who aren't potty trained. Disney and the RCCL Freedom class are the only ships that I know of right now that will let your little ones in a splash area.

I am really happy with our choice to go with Disney.... it sounds like they are VERY infant friendly :p

I am looking into possibly taking a cruise in early December with my DH and twin girls - who will turn 1 on December 8. We need a much needed vacation and I am thinking I'd rather that than a birthday party.

I took my twin girls on a cruise to celebrate my birthday when they had just turned one as well (picture below). It was the most enjoyable week I'd had with my girls up to that point, so it was worth every penny, even though I had to pay for them (we did Princess) - and we haven't stopped cruising since. At that age, they're ready to eat some table foods, so it was a great experience for my girls to get to try all kinds of new foods without any extra expense for me. I had a case of baby food and didn't use any of it - they ate only food provided in the dining room (and milk from room service).

Keep in mind that Royal Carib offers in cabin babysitting for children over 1 year old - though it is more expensive. Carnival has late night group sitting (after 10) avail as well.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

Archived