Land and Sea packages - can't find info on Disney CL site

Lil Davy

2009 trip info should still be on the site for Land/Sea packages. The 2010 park pricing info (tickets/hotels/etc..) has not been released yet so that is why 2010 packages are not up yet... I'm waiting for their release as well for a February 2010 trip... Should be released soon...

Paul

We're doing this in November. We did not book the "Land and Sea" package, but booked them both seprately. With the package, you can't add both dining and an extra night, for instance, to your WDW stay. Also, you won't be able to add any codes to your WDW stay, if they are available. We would have missed out on free dining, which saved us over $500 on a 4-night stay.

Good luck, and have a great trip!

But isn't the "package deal" much cheaper than purchasing separately? I remember looking at the L&S packages earlier this year for pricing. The 7 night packages were around $5k - now just looking at a 3 night cruise - those prices are around $4K+

How many people are you traveling with and any chance you would share your cost with me? There will be 4 of us going next year and I'm trying to figure out what its gonna cost. If you don't want to share what it costs you no problem.

We're doing this in November. We did not book the "Land and Sea" package, but booked them both seprately. With the package, you can't add both dining and an extra night, for instance, to your WDW stay. Also, you won't be able to add any codes to your WDW stay, if they are available. We would have missed out on free dining, which saved us over $500 on a 4-night stay.

Good luck, and have a great trip!

What do you mean by "codes"?

But isn't the "package deal" much cheaper than purchasing separately? I remember looking at the L&S packages earlier this year for pricing. The 7 night packages were around $5k - now just looking at a 3 night cruise - those prices are around $4K+

We actually found them to be the same. You might want to check both ways once it is time to book. A PIN code can result in quite a savings - though you usually won't know until a few months before your WDW vacation. If it's about the same price, I would book them separately.

Looks like they put the 2010 Park booking up late last week so you can now plan a Land/Sea package...

Things I've noticed that seem to be changes from 2009 booking options:

They give you the choice to book park visit before or after your cruise...

You are not forced into a resort tier at WDW based upon Cabin Category...

You have less options for purchasing park tickets- park hopper only at this point... grumble, grumble...

No option to add meal plans... grumble again...

Anyone else notice anything???

Paul

• 1 month later...

I've booked land/sea packages as early as 18 months in advance of a cruise when they're at their best prices. Judging by what I see on their site now, I would say that Disney is no longer offering the packages.....at least not like they once did. The prices now look to be alot more expensive than when I last booked.

Per the DCL agent today...they are no longer offering them.....

If you book the hotel and park through the cruise line you can not add dining.

If you book park and hotel through the hotel you can add dining and book cruise separately. You can also choose your room category (Hotel) when you do it this way.

It was about $900 more to book seperately as of right now....when I played with it.

I have booked my package through DCL. When I priced it up it was identicle to Disney and as I'm staying in a value resort I don't think Free Dining or any other offer is likely to come up. For me this works best as it means that I only have 1 payment to make and its just 1 exchange rate so brilliant for me. Also my theory is if anything goes wrong on the cruise i.e. the boat can't dock on time, then the cruiseline will sort out the hotel as its all booked through them - or at least this is my theory.

Archived