Just got my Rum Runners- not what I expected...

YFancyface

what are rum runners ?:confused:

Thanks for asking bahamamamama, I'm a bit of a tea totaler (sp) myself and the wife doesn't drink at all (Maybe one a year) and was wondering the same thing. They look pretty cool thought. Thanks for sharing everyone.;)

Hi all, got my RumRunners in the mail recently and filled them up with hot water and then emptied them. How do you all let them dry out? Just let them stand nozzle up with their caps off?

Keep your flask clean for best results

Follow these steps to clean any of the Easy Traveler, Inc. flasks:

• Wash flask with dishwashing detergent.
  • Rinse thoroughly.
  • Inflate flask with a puff of air. Turn upside down with cap off and let dry.

Just stumbled on this thread and was wondering how these don't get confiscated? It would seem that even if they are tucked in around the suitcase, they would show up on the xray or search. My traveling companion is more a soda man than I am and fairly conservative. My guess is he would want to toss me overboard if we got "pulled" from the lines and and sent to "interrogation" :D

Aren't the folks doing the checking tuned in to these?

Thanks,

whatusea

They probably don't get confiscated the same reason my full bottles of tequila and marg. mix don't get confiscated. They just don't care. Or they only inspect a small percentage of the bags going on ship. My money is that they don't inspect all the bags.

I just showed my husband what a rum runner is. I asked him if I should get some so we could bring Vodka with us. He brought up a good point, since we mainly drink wine what would be the difference in buying a box of wine and taking it out of the box and packing it in the foil bag versus putting it in a rum runner? I have seen pictures too in peoples cabins where they do pack the whole box of wine.

Thanks

We just take the whole box of wine. I guess you could remove the outer box and just take the plastic bladder thing, but we've taken a box on EVERY cruise so far, and no problems at all.

Thanks for your reponse, I saw small boxes of wine somewhere, maybe Walmart and I think they were 3 litres. Those would be perfect. Plus I'm carrying on the one bottle each of wine that Carnival allows. My TA says its suppose to be wine that Carnival doesn't sell. He thought it was funny when I told him it will be 2 buck chuck from Trader Joes. Pretty sure there not selling that. I just can't wait to drink wine out on our balcony. My husband thinks we still have an inside cabin, he's not aware I upgraded to an 8C balcony on deck 7 and then yesterday we were upgraded to an 8G AFT balcony. All I did was ask my TA if there was a price drop and he called me back and said they upgraded us instead of giving us the $136 price drop. Fine with me. Its our first balcony too.

I just showed my husband what a rum runner is. I asked him if I should get some so we could bring Vodka with us. He brought up a good point, since we mainly drink wine what would be the difference in buying a box of wine and taking it out of the box and packing it in the foil bag versus putting it in a rum runner? I have seen pictures too in peoples cabins where they do pack the whole box of wine.

Thanks

You're allowed to bring wine aboard. Just not liquor or beer.

Steve

Archived