Elect. outlet in mini-suite on Island Princess

jashultz

My parents have a mini-suite booked on the Island Princess in Alaska next week. My father uses a "sleep machine" for his sleep apnea and I'm wondering if he needs to pack an extension cord to have it next to the bed. And if so, what's your rough estimate on how long it should be. Any other tips appreciated, we are first timers and have learned sooo much from these boards. Thanks!

Yes, extention cord and some electrical tape to hold things in place. At least 10 ft. Longer if he has room in his suitcase.

Also suggest that he take along a non-skid pad for under the unit. A pad like you can buy for stuff in kitchen drawers. Cheap item and very handy.

The Disabled Cruise Travel topic on CC has a lot of ideas and suggestions.

We just got off the Island Princess. We were in a mini-suite (D606) and had the beds configured as a queen bed. There was an outlet with 2 plugs right next to the bed on the side of the bed that was closest to the desk. My phone cable is pretty short and I was able to plug my phone in there and have it right next to me on the nightstand. It should work but if he has the room in his suitcase, I would say it is better to take one to be on the safe side.

Archived